Cloudbeds Payments is our integrated Payment service that is available to customers based in the US only. The card-present desktop solution for Cloudbeds Payments (US only) is the Verifone P400.
If you want to use this feature or order the Cloudbeds Payments Card Reader, reach out to our support team.
Check the required steps to begin accepting payments using your P400 card reader or watch the following tutorial video:
Step 1 - Set up your card reader
A cable and a power adapter are included with your card reader. If you do not have WiFi at your location, you will need to supply your own Ethernet cord.
Here is how to set it up:
- On the back of your card reader, slide open the rectangular hatch
- Insert the part of the cable that is shaped like a little spatula (it is called the “I/O Block”)
- Slide the hatch closed - If you’re having troubles closing the hatch, ensure that the cable is correctly connected
- Connect the power adapter to the cable
- Plug it into the wall
Step 2 - Connect your card reader to the internet
You can connect your card reader to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet cable.
The Cloudbeds system needs to be on the same network as the card reader to communicate with one another.
Your card reader will only connect to a WiFi network if the network is password protected. Enterprise WiFi will also not connect.
Once your card reader finishes initializing (which could take a few minutes if this is the first time you have used it), you will see a screen that has a 'Connect to WiFi' button.
- Click on 'Connect to WiFi'
- Choose your network from the list
- Using the card reader’s number keys, 'enter your WiFi password'
Please note that you will enter your password using T9 predictive text, where repeatedly tapping a number key cycles through the letters printed on it.
Your P400 will begin to install any updates, do not disconnect the reader.
There are two ports on the thumb-shaped part of the cable.
- Plug one end of your Ethernet cord into the port closest to the thumbnail - it’s the one labeled 'ETH'
- Plug the other end into an open port on the back of your router (or into an Ethernet jack in your wall, if you have one)
Don’t worry if the screen says "No internet connection" when you first plug in the cord; the card reader checks again every 15 seconds or so.
Step 3 - Activate your device
To get started, log into your myfrontdesk account
- At the top right corner, click on 'Manage'
- Navigate to 'Payment Options' under the 'Property Configuration' section
- Click on 'Hardware Terminal' tab
- Turn the toggle to 'Yes' to activate your hardware terminal
If you do not have 'Hardware Terminal' tab under the payment options, contact us directly at email@example.com
- Click on 'Add'
- Give your device a 'Label'
- Example: “Front Desk” or “Computer 1”
- On your device, enter the code 07139 on the keypad
- Take the three-word code from the terminal and enter it in your Cloudbeds software under registration code
- Make sure to include the hyphens.
The digits will not show as you type, but you will know you did it correctly when the card reader gives you a three-word-code like "beet-charcoal-delicata" or "jaguar-wasabi-straw."
Click on 'Save'
Your card reader will now display "Ready to go" and you can start taking payments!