Lightspeed L POS is a сloud-based POS system that helps you manage staff, serve customers and monitor performance. Check Lightspeed L POS - Everything You Need to Know for further details.
As of now, the integration requires one Lightspeed account for every Cloudbeds account/location.
- If the charge is cancelled in Lightspeed - it will automatically be voided in Cloudbeds.
- If the charge is voided in Cloudbeds - it will not automatically update Lightspeed. Contact Lightspeed for further details.
Yes, we currently, "charge to room" transactions, and transactions that are paid "at the bar/restaurant" will be sent to the Cloudbeds PMS House Account.
One to multiple, or multiple to multiple setups are not supported. A Lightspeed restaurant and Cloudbeds property have to be connected 1 to 1.
- Floor categorization does not exist within Cloudbeds PMS and multi-account is not supported
- Segmentation would be by item category. Here's an example of how transactions are displayed in Cloudbeds PMS reports:
Inventory is not synced between Lightspeed and Cloudbeds PMS
At the moment, it's not possible.
Yes! Contact Lightspeed for further information
The LiteServer is a hardware that allows Lightspeed to work offline. It maintains a local database and continually backs up your data to Lightspeed's servers. For more information, visit this article.
- Adjustments are not possible at the moment. This would be a future improvement on the Lightspeed side.
- Voids can be done in Lightspeed app and if you void the charge on the Lightspeed, the charge will be also voided on your Cloudbeds PMS account.
- Regular voids on Cloudbeds PMS folio remove the item from the folio and it's only visible in the Transactions Report
- Voids from Lightspeed app works different - The void remains on the folio as shown on the screenshot above
- Items posted by Lightspeed can't be voided on Cloudbeds PMS folio directly. This is so that records are as consistent as possible between POS and PMS.
Each item will be listed individually inside the folio.
All the items ordered by a guest can not be posted as one transaction - All transactions will be posted as a separate transaction.
Cloudbeds will keep the original name of the item in order to maintain the historical record of the item.
In such cases, we recommend you to create new items when the item name requires changing.
Check out this article for further information how to create a new item: Items & Categories Overview
- Charges made to room will take about a minute.
- Charges that are not linked to any room, will be synced every 5 minutes with the House Account.
Yes, as long as the guest is still in-house (checked-in) it is possible to post an item later.
The Lightspeed L POS integration accepts only the currency of your Cloudbeds PMS. The integration takes numbers from the POS and posts numbers into PMS. Technically, you could connect the two products in different currencies but since there's no exchange, the currencies would be wrong.
Example: 18 NLG will show up in Cloudbeds PMS as 18 USD.