Lightspeed L POS is a сloud-based POS system which will help you manage staff, serve customers and monitor performance. Check Lightspeed L POS - Connection Guide for further details.
Frequently Asked Questions
As of now, the integration requires one Lightspeed account for every Cloudbeds account/location.
- If the charge is cancelled in Lightspeed - it will automatically be voided in Cloudbeds.
- If the charge is voided in Cloudbeds - it will not automatically update Lightspeed. Contact Lightspeed for further details.
Yes, we currently, "charge to room" transactions, and transactions that are paid "at the bar/restaurant" will be sent to the myfrontdesk House Account.
One to multiple, or multiple to multiple setups are not supported. A Lightspeed restaurant and myfrontdesk property have to be connected 1 to 1.
- Floor categorization does not exist within myfrontdesk and multi-account is not supported
- Segmentation would be by item category. Here's an example of how transactions are displayed in myfrontdesk reports:
Note: Inventory is not synced between Lightspeed and myfrontdesk.
At the moment, it's not possible.
Yes! Contact Lightspeed for further information
The LiteServer is a hardware that allows Lightspeed to work offline. It maintains a local database and continually backs up your data to Lightspeed's servers. For more information, visit this article.
- Adjustments are not possible at the moment. This would be a future improvement on the Lightspeed side.
- Voids can be done in Lightspeed app and if you void the charge on the Lightspeed, the charge will be also voided on your myfrontdesk account.
- Regular voids on myfrontdesk's folio remove the item from the folio and it's only visible in the Transactions Report
- Voids from Lightspeed app works different - The void remains on the folio as shown on the screenshot above
- Items posted by Lightspeed can't be voided on the myfrontdesk folio directly. This is so that records are as consistent as possible between POS and PMS.
Each item will be listed individually inside the folio.
All the items ordered by a guest can not be posted as one transaction - All transactions will be posted as a separate transaction.
Myfrontdesk will keep the original name of the item in order to maintain the historical record of the item.
In such cases, we recommend you to create new items when the item name requires changing.
Check out this article for further information how to create a new item: Items & Categories Overview
- Charges made to room will take about a minute.
- Charges that are not linked to any room, will be synced every 5 minutes with the House Account.
Yes, as long as the guest is still in-house (checked-in) it is possible to post an item later.