Email scheduling is a feature that allows properties to send emails to the guest based on a specific source.
In order to schedule an email template to be sent to certain channels (OTAs), follow the steps below.
The default reservation confirmed emails are not sent to reservations from OTAs. Therefore, you will need to create a separate confirmation template manually and schedule it to be sent to the desired OTAs.
Step 1 - Create a Manual Template
The pre-existing (default) confirmation email template can't be added to a schedule. Because of this, you need to create a new template by following the steps of this article: How to Create a Custom Email Template
Step 2 - Schedule the Email Template
Once you have the manual email template created, it's time to schedule it by following the steps below:
You can check further information and frequently asked questions about scheduling emails in this article: How to Create a Schedule for Email
- Access 'Email Scheduling' tab
- Click on Create 'Email Schedule'
3. On the module, fill out the mandatory fields:
- Email Schedule Name
- Select the new email template created on the previous step
- Choose the desired schedule
4. Click on Show Advanced Options - this is mandatory to schedule the email template to be sent to certain channels
5. Under 'advanced options', select 'Send email template only for specified sources'
This email template will be triggered only when the reservation for one of the sources indicated. For example, if you would like to have a different template sent for Booking.com for example, you can select only Booking.com.
- Select only OTAs in this schedule in order to avoid confirmation emails to be duplicated for direct sources
- Not all channels send us guest emails, so the guest might not receive this email in some cases
6. Once you finish, click on 'Create Schedule'