Email scheduling is a feature that allows properties to send emails to the guest based on a specific reservation source.
The default email template Reservation Confirmed will not be sent automatically to reservations made on OTAs, the OTAs are responsible in sending their confirmation emails.
You can still create a custom email template and set up a schedule to send the emails automatically to your guests. Follow the steps described in this article.
Step 1 - Create a Custom Email Template
The pre-existing (default) confirmation email template can't be added to a schedule. Because of this, you need to create a new template by following the steps of this article: How to Create a Custom Email Template
Step 2 - Schedule the Email Template
Once you have the custom email template made, you can create the email schedule by following the steps below:
For more information and the frequently asked questions about Email Scheduling, check: How to schedule emails for your guests
- Access Email Scheduling tab
- Click on Create Email Schedule
3. On the module, fill out the mandatory fields:
- Email Schedule Name
- Select the new email template created on the previous step
- Choose the desired schedule
4. Click on Show Advanced Options - this is mandatory to schedule the email template to be sent to certain channels (OTAs)
5. Under Advanced options, select Send email template only for specified sources
- Select the channel from the drop-down.
This email template will be triggered only when the reservation for one of the sources indicated. For example, if you would like to have the template sent for Booking.com, you can select only Booking.com.
- Select only the OTAs in order to avoid confirmation emails to be duplicated for direct sources (Walk-in, Phone, Email, Website).
- Not all channels send the guest's email address to Cloudbeds PMS, in that case the guest will not receive this email.
- Click Create Schedule
You can track the emails to check their status (Sent, Delivered, Failed) using the Email Delivery Log. Learn more: How can I track the activities of e-mail delivery log?