On the Group Profile page, you can easily generate or email Group's invoices.
For properties based in Portugal:
At the moment, the Groups module doesn't work with FACT invoices. In such cases, the invoices needs to be manually generated from within FACT software.
Double-check your Invoicing settings. The system takes into account the settings configured by the user on the Invoicing tab (the same for regular reservations).
This is a mandatory step to generate Groups invoices, otherwise, if the user clicks on Generate or Email Invoice, and if the invoicing page has not been set up yet, they will see the following warning message.
Invoice Settings for Groups
Under Property Configuration section, click on Invoicing and fill out all desired and mandatory fields.
Take a look at the following article to check further details about Invoice settings: Invoicing - How to manage and use
Since there's no separate settings page for Group's invoices, check below which fields will be applied to them
|Field Name||Applied to Group Invoice?|
Would you like the invoice to be generated based on the country the guest is from?
This field determines the invoice language
|Title, prefix, starting index number, suffix, tax ID number||YES|
|Show legal company name||YES|
|Show the room number column on the invoice||YES|
|Default due date||YES|
|Show tax/fee specifics on the invoice||YES|
|Would you like the invoices to be generated immediately when a new reservation is created, or generate them manually?
|Use Compact Invoices||NO|
How to Generate Groups Invoices
On your Group Profile page, click on Actions. Under this drop-down, you have the following options:
Once you click on 'Generate New Invoice', the system opens a slide-out that allows you to select which folio you would like to use to generate the invoice.
You may choose a specific folio or all folios, then click 'Continue'.
You will be automatically redirected to Documents tab where all the generated invoices within a specific group will be stored.
On the documents tab, you can click on the PDF hyperlink to view the generated invoice. On the generated invoice, you can see the following:
- Group profile name
- Group code
- Group profile address, if it is available
- Both posted and pending transactions from the selected folio(s)
- Options to download or print the invoice
- Transactions will be displayed on the invoice in the exact way the user sees on group folio
- If you make an update to the Group Profile information (email address, phone number, etc), all previous invoices will not be updated. In such a case, you must generate a new invoice.
Once you click on Email Invoice, the system opens a slide-out:
- Select which folio you would like to use > Choose specific folios or all folios:
- If a user selects only one folio - an invoice will be sent based on that specific folio, not for the whole Group profile
- If a user selects all folios, an invoice will be sent for the whole Group profile
- Specify the desired email(s), in which you would like the email to be sent
- Click Continue
If there's a contact email address entered in the Group Profile, the field will be pre-filled. If needed, you can change the email or add multiple emails separated by a comma
After clicking Continue, the user will see the following confirmation message:
Once you confirm, the email will be sent and the invoice will be also stored under Documents tab automatically
Here's how the email looks like.
Email Invoice Customization
The text on the invoice is a default text for the emailed Group invoice. In order to customize the default text:
- Click on Email Templates
- Click the drop-down arrow and then select Edit to make changes to the Group Profile Invoice template
Check out the following article to learn more about Email Templates - All You Need to Know.
Invoice Language and Translations
|Has Country Specified||Has Email Template Translation?||Email Template Language|
|YES - Example: Italy||YES||Italian|
|YES||NO||The email will be sent using the property system language (specified under the General System Settings)|
||The email will be sent using the property system language (specified under the General System Settings)
Frequently Asked Questions
The system pulls the contact information from the Group Profile tab to generate the invoice:
- If there is a contact associated with the Group profile and this contact has a business email address and work phone number available, this information will also be displayed on the invoice
- The home phone number will never be displayed on the invoice
- If the contact has both personal and business email addresses, only the business email will be displayed on the invoice
If there is more than 1 contact on the Group profile:
- The system will take the business email from the first contact
- The system will always select the business address when possible. If business email is only available for the second contact, the system will take the details from the second contact.