One alternative you can offer to counteract the impact of COVID-19 outbreak is to sell your rooms at a lower price if the guest pays now. This will encourage travelers to book now for a later date.
You can set up a deposit policy for guests to pay upfront in order to lock their stay at your property and allow them to pay the remaining balance closer to the arrival.
1. Go to 'Rates & Availability' and then select 'Rates and Packages' page in the top menu of myfrontdesk.
2. Click '+NEW RATE PLAN'.
3. Give an internal name (for internal purposes) and an external name (which will be made public) to your package.
4. Is this a derived rate plan?
- Select 'Yes' - If you would like to lower the price by giving a discount in percentage or a fixed amount
- Select 'No' - If you wish to determine the lowest price and enter the price for each day of the week within the rate plan interval.
5. Promotional Code: Select 'No' since we want this rate plan to be available for everyone.
6. You can make the rate plan more appealing by selecting add-ons that can be included in the rate if there are any items or services you can provide.
7. Select the sources in which the rate plan will be available
- Mybookings (Website / Booking Engine)
- Direct Bookings (Walk-In, Phone, Email)
Inclusions: Mention everything that this package includes (Ex. Breakfast, Shuttle, etc.)
- Policies: Enter the package policies.
Ensure all the terms and conditions of this promotional rate are very clear to avoid any misunderstanding with the guests.
- Image: Upload an image to promote this rate plan.
11. Under the 'Availability' section, click 'Add Interval'. Add the periods in which the package is in effect.
12. Select the room types in which this package applies
13. Select the start date of when you are planning to reopen your property and then specify the end date of the promotional package.
14. Enter the restrictions for the package if needed (not mandatory).
Useful Knowledge Base Articles: Rate Plans and Packages Restrictions Overview
- Enter the package rate for each day of the week. If the rates are the same for each day of the week, enter the rate once and click 'Apply'
- Click 'Add Interval' to save interval.
- Click 'Save'
NOTE: We always recommend checking this promotional rate plan afterwards by accessing your booking engine.
Please refer to the following article if you need to edit or delete the rate plan: How to save, edit or delete rate plan
3.1 Set up the Credit Card Payment Option
Configure the Credit Card as a payment method for your mybookings booking engine. This will allow guests to enter their credit card details while processing the booking. Click on the article below to learn more: How to set up the Credit Card payment option?
3.2 Process the payment immediately.
If you have Payment Gateway enabled on your account, you may want to set the payment gateway to process the reservation deposit immediately. Click the following article to learn how to configure automatic payment processing: Setting Up Automatic/Scheduled Payment Processing
If you do not have a Payment Gateway connected to your account, you can always process the payment through an external system (POS, terminal, online-banking) and post the payment as a record on the folio.
How to Add / Post Payment to Reservation as a Record (Without Using Payment Gateway Processing)