Some users with payment processing could experience the following error: "field name (i.e birthday) is required". When a guest is trying to create a reservation on mybookings booking engine.
This article explains why this error occurs and a temporary solution to correct the issue.
Why does it happen?
This may occur when a property has connected to one payment gateway but then switched to another payment gateway.
Let's review a hypothetical situation for a better understanding:
- You have Stripe as your initial payment gateway which requires a certain field as mandatory [i.e birthday]. With the initial payment gateway settings, the guest was required to fill out this specific field when making a reservation on mybookings
- When you changed to another payment gateway, the new gateway does not require [birthday] as a mandatory field anymore. Since the field is not required, it does not display on mybookings page.
Problem: Although this field was hidden by the system, the guest can not complete the reservation, because this field is still required.
While our development team is working to fix this issue to provide a long-term solution, please follow the steps below for a temporary workaround:
- Access 'Payment Options' page on your myfrontdesk account
- Find the 'Credit Card Configuration' section (under the Credit Card tab)
- Make a temporary change - it only serves to trigger a "system refresh" in mybookings page. Example: Click on the checkbox for displaying billing state
- Click 'Save'
- Revert the change that was made in Step 3 (uncheck the box that you selected on Step 3)
- Click 'Save' once more.
Once the changes are saved, the system will 'refresh' and pull the required fields once more but this time from the new payment gateway.