Same day check out is currently not possible in myfrontdesk because the system was designed to sell 'nights'. Still, we understand the importance of this functionality for you - Please check the following workaround:
How to block the inventory
In order to block inventory for the date needed, you can use the courtesy hold feature on myfrontdesk calendar.
The courtesy hold will remove that accommodation from available inventory for the length of time you allotted (on your booking engine and connected channels).
Check further details courtesy hold on this knowledge base article: Creating Room Hold.
- Access myfrontdesk Calendar
- Choose the check-in and check-out dates - Even though the check-in and check-out dates are the same, you must select the check-out date
- Select Courtesy Hold
- Fill out the mandatory fields
- Once the time on the length of hold field has passed, the hold will release and your room inventory will be available for booking
- Click on Save
You may edit the dates of this reservation and make a check-in date with a past date as described here. However, keep in mind that this strategy would not always suit your needs as the previous night can be occupied and it can also affect your production and revenue reports for those dates.
How to Record Payments / Items for such reservations?
You can record payments and add items for same day check out reservations using House Accounts feature
Remember that House Account feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent. If you want to enable it, reach out to our support team at email@example.com or to your market manager.
- Access House Account
- Create a new House Account - Click here for further details on how to create House Account
- Click on Add / Refund Payment > Add Payment to record a payment
- Click on Add / Adjust Charge > Add Item to record an item