This article includes the most frequently asked questions related to the Invoicing feature.
You can customize and adjust your invoice settings on the Invoicing page. Follow instructions here: Invoicing - How to set up
No. To avoid different invoices generated with the same number, the system doesn't allow you to reset the invoice number even if you delete the reservation from the system.
- In 2019, Starting Index Number (invoice number) was configured to "1" and since then there have been 2163 invoices generated.
- The following year, 2020, you wish to reset the index number to "1" again
Result: The invoice number will be sequential, it will not start from 1 again but continuing to 2164.
A new fiscal period can be marked using the Prefix or Suffix option.
Use the Prefix or Suffix section to indicate the year.
The first invoice generated in 2020 will look as follows: 2020 - 2164 or 2164-2020, and the second will be 2020 - 2165 or 2165-2020.
With Advanced Invoicing, you can create separate invoices for each guest in the reservation. The invoice will display the guest name to whom it will be billed. Follow the step-by-step here: Invoicing - How to generate and download invoices from reservations
If you are using previous version of Invoicing, creating an invoice for each guest will always display the primary guest at the top of the invoice, but the details of the transactions will have the respective guest name assigned to them. Learn more: Invoicing - Can I create an invoice for each guest?
Open the invoice from within a reservation where it was generated by accessing the Reservation Details.
- Click Documents.
- Go to Invoices.
- Click the file name to open the invoice, you will be able to download and print it.
The Property Owner has access to view invoices by default. Other users must be given permission to view Sensitive & Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in their role to be able to see guest's invoices.
You can also search for the invoice(s) on the Invoices Report page.
- Click Reports.
- Go to Financial Reports.
- Select Invoices Report.
- Click the gear icon.
- Select Open Invoice.
- Click icon to download.
- Click icon to print.
Problem: You clicked on an invoice, and the file was downloaded in a browser as blank document.
- It is recommended to add Cloudbeds to the list of secured websites in McAfee extension (if you use one) or any other security extensions
- Disable McAfee extension in Chrome if it's not currently being used
- Enable the feature download PDF file instead of automatically opening them in Chrome
To do so, follow the steps below:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on More Settings
- At the bottom, click Advanced
- Under Privacy and security, click on Site settings
- Near the bottom, click PDF Documents
- Turn on Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome
- You have a reservation under the guest's name Jada Smith
- You posted a transaction on the guest's folio
- The name on the previously posted transactions will still show as Jada Smith
Then, at a later time, you need to change the guest name to Will Smith
- Even if the guest name has been changed to Will Smith, when you generate another invoice, the previously posted transaction will still belong to Jada Smith
- Why? The invoice will always reflect the information on the folio and not the reservations data
If there are any pending transactions, they will be posted with the current guest name (in this case Will Smith).
Note that there is an exception for pending Scheduled Payments that will be processed by a payment gateway. The payment will remain under the original guest name who booked the reservation.
This is an expected system behavior, please check the workaround below:
As a workaround, you would need to download the invoice to your computer and convert it from PDF to Doc using a PDF - Doc converter App you can find online. Once the file is converted you can edit the name manually in the Doc.
If the invoice has PII (Sensitive & Personally Identifiable Information), a user without PII viewing permission should not be able to view Invoice. The following warning message will be displayed:
In order to be able to view generated invoices with PII, request the property owner to access myfrontdesk user's Roles page and update the desired permissions under PII section as shown below:
Currently, the following languages are supported in Invoicing feature:
The invoices generated in Cloudbeds are not "electronic invoices". Currently there is no option to export the invoice data, you can only export transactions. This is also how the current integration with accounting software works.
No, using API is a method of moving data from MFD to any software, but API is not an alternative option to generate electronic invoices.
You may need to hire a developer to create your own system to generate electronic invoices and use the Cloudbeds PMS API to collect the information about the transactions. However, it is important for you to read our API documentation before starting and make sure the information available through API will be enough.
You have to create the official invoices outside of Cloudbeds PMS using a product of your choice that meets the local regulations.
Advanced Invoicing is an upgraded version of the existing Invoicing feature. It has new functions that the previous Invoicing feature doesn't have such as voiding an invoice and creating a credit note. Check out other benefits: Invoicing - Everything you need to know
Advanced Invoicing is included in Cloudbeds Premier and Cloudbeds Enterprise plan, it is also available as a paid add-on.
To check your current Cloudbeds plan, follow the instructions in this article: How can I check my current Cloubdeds Plan (Package)?
With Advanced Invoicing, any transactions can only be invoiced once - this is to prevent any duplicated invoices.
If in the Invoicing Settings, you selected to generate invoice At check out, the system will generate a new invoice every time you change the reservation status to Check-out as long as there are transactions that have not been invoiced previously, otherwise, the system will not generate a new invoice.