This article includes the most frequently asked questions related to invoicing.
If you would further information on how to setup and customize your invoice settings, please refer to the following article: Invoicing - How to manage and use
No. To avoid different invoices generated with the same number, the system doesn't allow you to reset the invoice number even if you delete the reservation from the system.
- In 2019, Starting Index Number (invoice number) was configured to "1" and since then there have been 2163 invoices generated.
- The following year, 2020, you wish to reset the index number to "1" again
Result: The invoice number will be sequential, it will not start from 1 again but continuing to 2164.
You can mark a new tax period by using the Prefix and Suffix option and rounding up to the nearest 100.
- Restart the invoice number at 2200
- Use the Prefix section to indicate the year
- Use the Suffix section to indicate the starting invoice number of that year
The first invoice generated in year 2020 would appear as follows: 2020 - 2200 - 2200 and the second would be 2020 - 2201 - 2200.
First, make sure that the correct guest's email address is included under the guest's details.
To email the specific invoice to the guest , go to Invoices Report > find the invoice you would like to email > click the "gear" button > select 'Email Invoice'.
Currently, if you click on the option 'Email Invoice' under the 'Actions' drop-down menu, generates a new invoice instead of sending the existing ones to the guest email address. This system behavior will be fixed in the future.
In order to send the invoice from within the reservation:
- Go to 'Documents'
- Then, select 'Invoices'
- Click the Invoice. The invoice will open on a new tab where you can download the file.
- Use the 'Compose Message' feature to send the invoice manually. More details about the 'Compose Message' functionality can be found in this article: Sending Email From Reservation
- Choose the Email Template, by choosing 'Custom Message' the message text would need to be written manually.
- Select the guest's email address
- Enter the email address from which the email will be sent
- Enter the subject of the email
- Click 'Upload' and select the previously downloaded invoice
- Insert the text to be sent
- Click 'Send'
You can open an invoice from within a reservation where it was generated by accessing the 'Reservation Details'
- Select 'Documents'
- Then, click on the 'Invoices' tab
You can also search for the invoice(s) on the Invoices Report page. From here, you can open and then download the invoices from this report
Click on the invoice to download it. The invoice will open in a new tab. Once open, you can download the invoice.
You can also print the invoice by clicking on the printer icon
Problem: You clicked on an invoice, and the file was downloaded in a browser as blank document.
- It is recommended to add Cloudbeds to the list of secured websites in McAfee extension (if you use one) or any other security extensions
- Disable McAfee extension in Chrome if it's not currently being used
- Enable the feature "download PDF file instead of automatically opening them" in Chrome
To do so, follow the steps below:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on 'More Settings'
- At the bottom, click 'Advanced'
- Under 'Privacy and security', click on 'Site settings'
- Near the bottom, click 'PDF Documents'
- Turn on 'Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome'
- You have a reservation under the guest's name Jada Smith
- You posted a transaction on the guest's folio
- The name on the previously posted transactions will still show as 'Jada Smith'
Then, at a later time, you need to change the guest name to Will Smith
- Even if the guest name has been changed to Will Smith, when you generate another invoice, the previously posted transaction will still belong to Jada Smith
- Why? The invoice will always reflect the information on the folio and not the reservations data
If there are any pending transactions, they will be posted with the current guest name (in this case Will Smith).
Note that there is an exception for pending Scheduled Payments that will be processed by a payment gateway. The payment will remain under the original guest name who booked the reservation.
This is an expected system behavior, please check the workaround below:
As a workaround, you would need to download the invoice to your computer and convert it from PDF to Doc using a PDF - Doc converter App you can find online. Once the file is converted you can edit the name manually in the Doc.