Cloudbeds Booking Engine has two different options to display the website content (room photos and rate information) of your property.
This article shows an overview of both Gallery and List Designs and it explains the differences between each one of them.
Gallery Design Features
Gallery Design is the default Booking Engine setting for Cloudbeds PMS accounts.
- The booking engine will load a design with larger photos
- Rate plans for the same room type will be grouped together
Pricing Presentations in Gallery Design
There are two different presentations to display the room price. Access this section by clicking on the Booking Engine Settings:
- Show Lowest Sales Price - Price from lowest price available
- Show Accommodation Total Price for Stay (Price X Nights) - The system will select this option by default
Guests will see the lowest price for a 1-night stay:
The guest will see the room price multiplied by the number of nights: (Room rate) x (number of nights).
List Design Features
List Design is not available for Gallery Design users. Learn more Cloudbeds Release Notes - Booking Engine List Design Phase-Out (July 2022)
- Simple pricing presentation (It is not possible to choose your pricing presentations)
- Smaller room photos displayed.
- Properties with the List Design enabled have another column in the Custom Meta Tags for Booking Engine customization.
How to turn on the Gallery Design for your Booking Engine
Once the Gallery Design is enabled in Customize the Booking Engine settings, it will be not possible to revert the change to go back to the List Design.
- Go to Booking Engine Settings
- Select Use Gallery Design
- Choose your pricing presentations as described on the above section
- Not all of the customization code from List Design will work for Gallery Design. Review the code and make sure you apply the correct one: Cloudbeds Booking Engine Customization - How to add HTML and CSS Code to Custom Meta Tags Fields
- Once the Gallery Design is enabled, use the corresponding code that work for this design setting: Customize Cloudbeds Booking Engine - Gallery Design Codes to customize your booking engine.