Cloudbeds Payments is the payment processing solution powered by Paysafe. In order to connect you will need to sign up with Paysafe first.
If you do not have the Payment Processing feature enabled, please reach out to our Support team or your Cloudbeds Market Manager.
Note: Card readers are not supported for Paysafe gateway.
1. Sign up for the Paysafe account
Currently, Paysafe is only available for properties in the US and Canada.
Customers who already have a Paysafe account will have to create a new Paysafe account through our sign up link and move over to the new account. Fees are 2.8 % for e-commerce transactions (made on the Internet) + $0.30 per transaction.
2. Find the account ID in the Paysafe welcome email
Once you sign up with Paysafe you will receive an email with important information. In this email, you will find the account number.
If you’re unable to locate the Account Number please contact Paysafe at email@example.com
- On your myfrontdesk account, click on Manage and then click on Payment Options
- Under “Connect Payment Gateway” click Activate.
You can find more information about how Payment Gateways work here: Payment Processing Setup
3. Select "Cloudbeds Payments powered by Paysafe" as your payment gateway and enter the Paysafe Account Number. Click Connect Gateway.
4. Configure the Billing Address Requirements
(Step 4 - under section Enabling Payment Processing and Automatic/Scheduled Actions)
Please note that the following information is mandatory for Paysafe setup:
- ZIP Code
- Note that Billing Address Requirement only applies to direct bookings. For OTA reservations please set up billing address requirements in OTA extranet or contact their support.
5. Select a default method for new reservations from the Booking Engine and your connected OTAs
Learn more about Processing Methods here
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need to sign up for a new Paysafe account in order to link Cloudbeds. For more information about that, please contact Paysafe.
When you connect the Payment Gateway for the first time, you will see a Live/Test toggle here:
You can switch the toggle to Test mode to test a few transactions, but remember to switch it to Live mode in order to charge guests. For Test Mode you can use Test Credit Cards provided here
You can also verify the connection by running a payment/authorization for a low amount (Ex. $1), and you can refund it afterward.