As of June 2020, you can report No Show back to channels, without leaving myfrontdesk system. By using this feature you can:
- Update the channel with new availability in hopes of generating a last-minute booking
- Choose to Collect or Waive the cancellation fee - all without leaving myfrontdesk system
Channel that supports this feature:
How to Enable No Show Feature
Please double-check the user permissions - The radio buttons under the General System Settings (more details on the next step) should only be visible for users who have:
- Access Roles Page > Click to edit the corresponding Role > Under 'Hotel Setup' section, switch the Distribution toggle to ON
2. Modify Reservations toggle enabled
- The Modify Reservation option is under the 'Reservation' section. It allows users to have access to the “Manual flow features” around No Show Reporting (more information about the Manual flow you can find below)
Check further information about User's Role here.
3. The channel should be a connected and active channel on myfrontdesk
- Access Channel's tab to double-check if channel status is "Enabled". Please check the following example:
Auto No-Show means that if a guest does not arrive by 2:05 AM the day after check-in date (local property time zone), the system will automatically change the status of the reservation to No Show
As an extension of the Auto No Show feature, now you have the option to automate reporting No Shows to the channel:
- Access General System Settings
- Under Automation, Preferences switch the No Show feature toggle to ON
- Three radio buttons will be displayed with options below the toggle (if the toggle is disabled or if the user doesn't have the permission, no sub-options are shown). The options are:
- Do Not Send automatically - Auto-change status to No Show on the system, but DO NOT report No Show to the channel
- Send; WAIVE cancellation fee - it automates No Show Reporting to the channel and ALWAYS waives cancellation fee
- Send; Do not waive cancellation fee - it automates No Show Reporting to the channel and NEVER waives cancellation fee
Waive means that the cancellation fee will not be applied
Process and Details
Once you enable the feature under the General System Settings and choose one of the options, you can accommodate either automated or manual No Show Reporting to the channel, dependent on your choice when you enabled the feature
Please check all the Automation Preferences options:
Note that you can move a reservation to No Show before 2:05 AM and select to report to the channel manually.
Example: If a reservation was in a status other than NOT CHECKED IN at 2 AM and the reservation was not part of the auto-report due to different status (e.g. Confirmation Pending) you can manually move to no show later in the day. Please check how to use the manual reporting flow below.
This process only works if the reservation has not been reported as a no show to the channel from myfrontdesk before.
In order to report No Show to the channel via myfrontdesk manually, please follow the steps below:
- Access the reservation on myfrontdesk
- Change the reservation status to No Show (no matter what the current status is)
- Myfrontdesk will check if the booking falls between 00:00 (midnight) on the check-in date, up to 48 hours later
- A warning message should appear, as shown below, and you need to select one of the options from the drop-down
- The system will send this info to the channel
- CANCEL - the status of the Reservation remains in the current state and is not moved to No Show. No information is sent to the channel
- CONTINUE > Do Not Send to the channel- the status of the Reservation will be changed to No Show, and no information is sent to the channel
- CONTINUE > Send No Show Info to the channel; Waive Fee -the status of the reservation changes to No Show. The No Show information is sent to the channel to waive the cancellation fee
- CONTINUE > Send No Show Info to the channel; Do Not Waive Fee - the status of the reservation changes to No Show. The information is sent to the channel with the cancellation fee
6. After choosing one of the options above, you will immediately see a loading indicator
7. Once a successful message is received back from the channel, you will see the following message
If the reservation is toggled to another status later on and then back to No Show and you are in the 48h window (and all the rules are valid), the user will still have the option to report the No Show to the channel.
When using the Manual Reporting Flow, the user can also face the following warnings:
If the reservation falls prior the range (too early), the following dialog box will be displayed
If the reservation falls after the 48-hour range (too late), the following dialog box will be displayed
What to expect after the reservation was successfully sent to the channel as a No Show:
- The channel will "cancel" the booking on their extranet
- In myfrontdesk, the reservation will be marked as No Show and will contain Cancellation number as pending, until myfrontdesk receives an update from the channel
- When the cancellation update is received from the channel, the reservation will be updated to show Cancellation number and Cancellation Fee as shown on the screenshot below
4. Depending on your cancellation policy, you should post the cancellation fee on the guest's folio manually.
Please check how to post a manual transaction here: Room Revenue. How to Add and Use Room Revenue
It might take 1-5 minutes for the channel to process the information. Because of this, the reservation will show the cancellation number as pending, and only after the channel updates, you will see the cancellation number and the cancellation fee.
When an error message is received back from the channel you will see the following message:
|No Show Already Reported||
|Too early to report||
|Too late to report||
It happens when the reservation was marked as 'overbooked' on Booking.com extranet
- If you have never reported the reservation as a No Show to the channel, go ahead and follow the steps described above.
- If you have already reported the reservation as a No Show to the channel, and they try to move it to statuses of Confirmed, Confirmation Pending and Checked out, the following message will be displayed
- If you have already successfully reported a reservation as a No Show to the channel, and then try to move it back to No Show again from any status, you will see the following message
The reservation activity logs will show the following:
- Timestamps of when a No Show was first reported to a channel
- The user who took this action
- Response from the channel
You can also check these changes under the general activity log.
Use the filter "Change Made" and select 'Reservation - Activity and Status'
Frequently Asked Questions
At the moment, myfrontdesk does not have a dedicated report, but property owners will receive a daily status report with No Show reservations sent to / received from the channel into an email showing success / fail statuses.
Currently, only the property owner can receive these emails. There's no option to change the recipient.
Yes, once you enable this feature, you can access System Notification Preferences tab to configure / edit recipients - please check the following article for further details: System Notification Preferences