9flats.com is an innovative online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out a spare room, flat, or igloo with people who want to stay in more personal accommodations when they travel. Founded in 2010, the company now has over 180,000 places listed in more than 100 countries. Through the site, travelers can find short-term stays in anything - from a luxury apartment in the centre of a city to a treehouse in a forest.
9flats is a calendar-based channel, which works differently than normal distribution channels. For example, only availability can be updated, no rates or any other stay restrictions will be sent or updated. You can learn more about this by reading our article here.
- Calendar channels do not support receiving rates from a channel manager. You must enter rates directly into your 9flats extranet.
- 9flats is a one-way calendar channel, which means that you will only be able to sync availability from myfrontdesk into 9flats. 9flats does not provide a link to sync booking information.
How to connect 9flats to myfrontdesk
Remember that calendar-based channels do not provide the number of guests in a reservation, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more. It's safest not to update/sell dorm rooms on this channel.
- Go to myfrontdesk and open the Channels page
- Search for 9flats and click on 'Not Setup, Click to Setup' button
3. Click to enable the channel
4. Choose the first room type that you want to sync and copy the myfrontdesk link (or click on 'copy link')
5. In another tab, log into your 9flats extranet and paste the URL into the appropriate area of the 9flats extranet.
Please reach out to 9flats support team if you have any questions on how to proceed to paste the myfrontdesk URL.
Repeat the steps above for all of your 9flats rooms you'd like to sync with myfrontdesk.
As a reminder, 9flats is a one-way calendar channel, which means that you will only be able to sync availability from this system into 9flats. 9flats does not provide a link to sync booking information.
Once you finish all room types sync, click on 'Continue'