The Availability Matrix Price Differentials feature allows to pre-set price differences between your room types derived from your base accommodation, so that you can update your rates by just hitting enter.
This article will show you how to set up your Price Differentials. For a general overview of the feature, go to Price Differentials - Everything you Need to Know.
- Go to the Rates and Availability menu.
- Click on Availability Matrix.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Set Price Differentials.
The red icon with an exclamation point at the top right corner of the button means that no differentials are set yet.
A base accommodation type will be used to calculate the rate for the rest of the accommodations when making manual rate changes in the Availability Matrix table.
- At least one Base Accommodation needs to be selected.
- Multiple Base Accommodations are allowed.
The base accommodation is reflected in the Availability Matrix with a green star next to the room name, and also on the Availability Matrix legend.
- Select your Base Accommodation(s) by checking the box in the column Base. You can change it anytime when needed.
- Choose if you want to Show Rate Plans or not: This option opens up another section, listing all non-derived Rate Plans, for which differentials can also be added. For details on Rate Plans, see How to Add Rate Plans and Packages.
- Choose to derive rates up (+) or down (-) from the base accommodation.
- Input the amount to increase/decrease.
- Select to increase/decrease the rates either by percentage or currency amounts.
Once the Price Differentials are correctly setup, you can proceed to Update your Rates.
If you have questions about the Price Differentials feature, visit the Frequently Asked Questions article.