This feature will be offered as part of the Premiere and Enterprise Cloudbeds packages.
Availability Matrix "Price Differentials" feature allows to pre-set price differences between your accommodation types derived from the base room type so that you can update your rates with one click.
This option appears on the Availability Matrix page in the drop-down menu under the new “Settings” button:
- Go to the availability matrix
- Click on 'Settings'
- Click on 'Set Price Differentials'
If no differentials are set - a red icon with an exclamation point is shown at the top right corner of the button.
4. Select your Base Accommodation(s) by checking the box in the column "Base": a base accommodation type will be used to calculate the rate for the rest of the accommodation types when making manual rate changes in the Availability Matrix table.
- At least one Base Accommodation needs to be selected
- Multiple Base Accommodations are allowed
The base accommodation is reflected in the availability matrix with a green star and also on the availability matrix legend as you can see below
5. Choose if you want to Show Rate Plans or not: this option opens up another section, listing all non-derived Rate Plans, for which differentials can also be added. For details on Rate Plans, please see How to Add Rate Plans and Packages
6. Choose to derive rates up or down from the base accommodation
7. Input the amount to increase/decrease
8. Select to increase/decrease the rates either by percentage or currency amounts
Please note that Price Differentials only apply to rate changes made in the Availability Matrix table. They will not apply if the price is entered in the Calendar or changed on the Base Rate page.
1. With Price Differentials configured and saved, whenever a rate change is needed, navigate to the Availability Matrix table
2. Enter the new price for any of the Base Accommodation(s)
3. Once you hit “enter”, the system will fill out the rates for all linked accommodation types (based on the previously set differentials) for that specific date
4. Click “Save” and the prices will be updated
The price changes will not be applied for the dates with 0 prices or dates without rates
Frequently Asked Questions
If rate plans are derived off the base rate and Price Differential is being used, once the user updates the base accommodations, the rate plans will also be affected.
If rate plans are not derived off the base rate and Price Differential is being used then those rate plans will not be affected unless Price Differentials are also configured for those in the Settings.
If a user has the price differentials activated on the availability matrix and only wants to change the price for a specific day for 1 room type and not all room types they can:
- Enter the price for that accommodation in the Availability Matrix table without hitting "enter" (i.e. navigate away from the field or hit "tab" button). Only "enter" button triggers recalculation of prices based on the configured differentials.
- Access the calendar and change price for that accommodation on the calendar directly
- Use the long term interval in the availability matrix and only select the accommodation and base rate for that particular accommodation type
No. The Price Differential option will be applied when the user modifies the room rate on the Availability Matrix table only.
No. Price Differentials only apply to rate changes made in the Availability Matrix table. This will not work if the price is entered in the Calendar or changed on the Base Rate page.