Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals has combined several popular Vacation Rental sites into a single management interface. By setting up your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals property account, you will be able to market your property to each of the portals listed below.
- Before you set up Tripadivsor Vacation Rentals, make sure to read our in-depth article that discusses how calendar channels work, important issues such as how to deal with cancellations, dorm rooms, and many other important topics: Working with Calendar Channels (Vacation Rental Sites)
Selling Dorm/beds rooms is not recommended.
Calendar-based channels do not provide us with the number of customers that booked, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more! It's safest to not update/sell dorm rooms on Tripadvisor vacation rentals.
You can also add TripAdvisor link to your e-mail templates, please, check this article for more details.
How to connect Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals to myfrontdesk
If you do not have an account on Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals:
- First, you need to create an account. If you haven't already done so, please set up your account here.
- Then, please proceed to Step 2.
If you do have an account on Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals:
Go ahead and proceed with Step 2.
- Choose the first room type that you want to sync and copy the myfrontdesk link (or click on copy link)
Remember that calendar-based channels do not provide the number of guests in a reservation, so bookings for shared/dorm rooms will be imported as 1 bed by default, even though there could be more. It's safest not to update/sell dorm rooms on this channel.
Log into your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals account in another tab and follow the steps below:
- Click Sync Now in one of your inbox notifications
- Access your Calendar
- Select the needed room. This menu to choose the room is only shown in your account has more than 1 accommodation.
- Click on Import
- Choose Other to import Cloudbeds calendar
- Paste the URL copied from Step 2 into your the field Paste the calendar export link (URL)
- Name the calendar.
- Click on Import
Repeat the steps above for ALL of your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals rooms you would like to sync with myfrontdesk.
Follow the steps below:
- Access Calendar in your Trip Advisor Rentals account
- Select the needed room
4. Click Copy link to clipboard
5. Paste the Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals URL in your Cloudbeds PMS for the same room:
Repeat the steps above for ALL of your Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals rooms you'd like to sync with myfrontdesk.
Once you finish all your rooms:
6. On myfrontdesk, click Continue
7. Perform a Full Refresh to send an update from myfrontdesk to the channel
It is not possible to set base rate adjustments for this channel.
To learn more about Base Rate Adjustments for other channels, please read our dedicated article.