Ctrip is a leading provider of travel services including accommodation reservation, transportation tickets, package tours, and corporate travel management. By connecting to Ctrip, your property will gain unrivaled exposure to more than 16,000,000 consumers around the world. Ctrip sells over twenty-five million room nights per month.
Things you should know before you get started:
Please check the Frequently Asked Questions from this article to know more about this channel's restrictions.
How to Connect Ctrip to myfrontdesk
If you don’t have an account at Ctrip:
- You need to create an account at Ctrip. Here's the sign-up link
- After completing, you should receive your Hotel ID and Username.
- Once you receive this information from Ctrip, proceed to Step 2.
If you do have an account at Ctrip:
Go ahead and proceed to Step 2.
- Go to Channel Distribution tab and click on 'Channels'
- Search for Ctrip and click on 'Not Setup, Click to Setup'.
- Add your Ctrip Hotel ID, Username, and Password - Click 'Next' to proceed.
4. Select the Ctrip room types from the drop-down that correspond to myfrontdesk room types listed in the left and click 'NEXT' when completed.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
If you have multiple rate plans on Ctrip, the channel will display the rate plan as a room type on the mapping page. Example below:
- There are two rate plans created for Double Bed Capsule on CTrip: (1) 'Room Only' & (2) 'Non Refundable'
- Since our system can only send out the base rate to Ctrip, only 1 rate plan, the standard rate (1) 'Room Only', can be mapped to myfrontdesk.
- Any other rate plans must be configured as 'Derived' from the standard rate inside the channel extranet.
Further information on channel rate plans can be found in this article: Distribution Channel Rate Plans
5. Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed. Click NEXT when completed or if you want to skip, leave it at zero.
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
6. It's strongly advised to send a full refresh now to make sure that availability and rates are fully updated on the channel. Click on 'Full Refresh' on the top right of the page.
- Automatic adjustments
- Automatic adjustments for cancellations (it means that when a reservation is canceled, your availability will be updated automatically)
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure