Hostelworld displays rooms based on their type, such as Shared or Private. If you have set up your myfrontdesk room as a different type than the Hostelworld room, you will not see the corresponding Hostelworld room for mapping purposes.
Example: You have a room called Single in myfrontdesk that is created as a Shared Dorm in myfrontdesk as shown below:
If the Hostelworld room that you want to map is created as a Private Room, that Hostelworld room will not be displayed on the drop-down list for mapping. This is because the room type (Shared versus Private) does not match between myfrontdesk and Hostelworld.
Instead, you will only see the [Not configured] message as shown below:
Solution 1 - Update the Room Type
There are two options:
- Change the room type in myfrontdesk to match the room type in Hostelworld
- Change the room type in Hostelworld to match the room type in myfrontdesk.
Example: you configured room as private in myfrontdesk, but it's shared (dorm) on Hostelworld. The room needs to be private on both sides (or shared on both sides).
Once you make the proper change, the room will appear in the drop-down list on the mapping page.
Solution 2 - Check Hostelworld fields
- Go to Hostelworld Room Type configuration and fill in all the fields
- Once this is done return to myfrontdesk mapping page and map the room
If the room isn't in the list please contact Hostelworld to ask them to enable this room type for channel management.
- Make sure room types (private vs. dormitory) correspond between the channel extranet and myfrontdesk, otherwise the rooms won't be available for mapping.
In the example below Room Grade wasn't set up so the room wasn't available for mapping in myfrontdesk.
If a room was disabled on Hostelworld for certain period, it can be that enabling it again won't make it displayed on myfrontdesk. In this case you need to delete the room on Hostelworld (which was disabled on channel for certain period) and create it again.