We are excited to announce an update to our Group Housing functionality. The main purpose is to fix a few bugs and improve the existing feature usage.
Check below all release improvements
Change -> Added definite Allotment Block pickup numbers on the Calendar for corresponding days (a grey circle on the calendar above unassigned rooms circle)
Numbers are combined from all definite Allotment Blocks that belong to Open Group Profiles on that day.
The calendar will display the number as shown below:
What changes in the reservations will affect these numbers?
The numbers in the new circle will now be dynamically updated (real-time) in the same situations that cause these numbers to change in Pickup tab in Group Housing:
- number on the left is affected by dates changing on the reservations that belong to definite Allotment Blocks that have "block" type
- number on the left will increase: if a new reservation was added (booked or linked) to a definite Allotment Block that has "block" type
- number on the left will decrease: if a new reservation was removed (canceled or unlinked) from a definite Allotment Block that has "block" type
- number on the right is affected if a number of rooms changed in any definite Allotment Block that is "block" type
- nothing will change if reservations are booked/cancelled within Group Profile but outside of any Allotment Block
- nothing will change if reservations are booked/cancelled within Allotment Blocks that have "Based on Availability" type
- nothing will change if reservations are linked/unlinked to/from a Group Profile outside of any Allotment Blocks
- nothing will change if reservations are linked/unlinked to/from Allotment Blocks that have "Based on Availability" type
Occupancy on the calendar now reflects all definite Allotment Blocks (that belong to “Open” Group Profiles) for that day by adding those to the current occupancy.
- total capacity: 10 rooms
- Allotment Block allotment: 5 rooms
- 1 reservation booked and does not belong to Allotment Block or Group Profile
- 2 reservations booked within Allotment Block
The occupancy on the calendar should show:
5 blocked rooms + 1 reservation outside of Allotment Block = 6/10 = 60% occupancy
When a definite Allotment Block is created and rooms are allocated as a block - it will reflect on the calendar:
- availability of the corresponding Accommodation Type will be modified based on the number of rooms/beds of this type in the Allotment Block
- whenever availability in an Allotment Block (if “definite” status and if Group Profile is “open”) is changed by the user - availability in the Calendar for the corresponding Accommodation Type will also be instantly recalculated
The resulting availability that is calculated based on the Allotment Block and is reflected on the Calendar, will also affect the remaining number of rooms that can be reserved in the future for this room type.
Example: if all rooms/beds of this Accommodation Type are held by the Allotment Block - this Accommodation Type will not appear when making a new reservation (unless overbooking option is allowed).
For the reservations that are booked within a Group Profile or an Allotment Block, you are now able to see on the calendar:
- click on the "+" sign next to the names
When you click on the reservation, you'll see:
- "3 people" icon next to the reservation name when you click on it to open up details
- group profile name next to the icon
- a link to "View Group Profile"
- a link to "View Allotment Block" (if a reservation is also in an Allotment Block)
This version adds a field on the Booking Engine for entering Allotment Block ID, so guests can book group reservations just by entering the code, without having to copy-paste the whole URL.
Now you are able to generate group profile folio and send it by email:
- Clicking on “Actions” from a Group Profile reveals a drop-down with “Email Folio” option.
- If there are more than 1 contact created in the Group Profile - the email form will be pre-filled with the first one and will allow the user to edit.
- Guest receives an email with the folio, which looks almost identical to the one sent from Reservations.