This article will walk you through the process of removing an accommodation type from your platform. Only users with the hotel setup permission will be able to remove accommodation types.
- Deleting a room type is not recommended and can cause serious issues. The reservations assigned to this room type must be re-assigned. Their rates will not be updated to reflect the price of the new room type.
If you change your system language after creating your accommodation types, your accommodation titles and descriptions will become blank. You will need to fill out the accommodation titles and descriptions again before being able to delete the accommodations.
You will want to ensure that all OTA's that you work with are informed that you are removing that particular room type from your property and to remove the listing. This will eliminate any future bookings in that particular accommodation type.
1. In myfrontdesk open 'Accommodation Types' page
2. Click on the room type you want to delete
3. Click 'x' next on the room type tab
4. This will prompt a warning message:
"Warning: You are removing room type (Name). If your connection to myallocator is active, this will likewise close out availability and remove room type on myallocator. Are you sure you want to continue?"
Click the blue continue button
5. Click SAVE.
Once you save, a warning disclaimer will appear. It is imperative that you read the disclaimer before proceeding further.
Before you can delete the accommodation type, you will need to re-assign any future reservations of any status (including canceled) assigned to that room type. If there are no future reservations booked for the accommodation that you wish to delete, no action is required.
- After the reservations are re-assigned to the new room types - their rates will not be updated to reflect the price of the new room type.
- Reservations can be re-assigned to a room type that is already sold out for those dates. We are not liable for any room overbookings caused by deleting a room type.
1. Go through the table and assign each reservation to the new room type.
When re-assigning reservations please note that you do not necessarily need to assign a particular individual room, although assigning to the new ROOM TYPE is Mandatory.
2. Click submit at the end of the list to complete the process.
The updated availability will be sent to the channels