Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking is an easy-to-activate channel, but it works slightly differently than other channels. Tripadvisor uses all settings in myallocator (Channel Manager by Cloudbeds) to update your information on Tripadvisor's website.
At this time, connecting to Tripadvisor is not yet possible through myfrontdesk system. It is possible to setup the connection from myallocator, which will feed the information into Tripadvisor and myfrontdesk automatically.
We hope to provide this capability directly on myfrontdesk soon.
- Hostels are currently ineligible for Plus and Instant Booking campaigns;
- The Instant Booking feature is only available to guests placing the booking from the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa. Travelers in other countries will not see the Instant Booking option;
- Tripadvisor Plus is only available for the travelers based in the US.
- Instant Booking and Plus campaign can be used simultaneously
Tripadvisor Plus is primarily used by existing Tripadvisor property users. If you do not have an account with Tripadvisor and are interested about Tripadvisor Plus, follow the steps below:
Go to the Management center
- Click on Learn More under TRIPADVISOR PLUS
- Click Apply Now
You can also reach out to Tripadvisor team: email@example.com via e-mail.
If you already are in contact with your Tripadvisor Account Manager and have signed the agreement, go to Step 3.
If you are interested in activating Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking for your property
- Create a ticket for support.
- Once we receive the ticket, we will send you special instructions and your unique credentials.
Log in to your myallocator account using the credentials shared with you by the support team on Step 2. Perform the following steps in myallocator:
- General Details
- Make sure your address, phone number, and tax percentage are up to date
- The Tax Rate entered on this screen MUST MATCH the Tax Rate entered in Step 6.8
- Only tax as percentage is supported. Per guest fixed amount taxes aren't possible.
Tripadvisor uses this information when displaying your property and calculating a total for a guest at check out.
The last item to verify in your myallocator configuration is the Room Setup screen.
Pictures of each room type are required for Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking.
- Access Room Types tab
- Click to edit room type
- New Photos can be uploaded by clicking the Choose File button
- Select a picture from your computer, and click Update
- Click Manage
- Add Channel
- Search for Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking
If you have not correctly set up the information in Steps 2-4, you will be warned when you try to enable Instant Booking from Channel Set Up.
- If you are missing any information, click to Resolve, and you will be directed to the appropriate screen to enter the missing information
- Once all property information is entered, this section will change to look like this, and you are ready to continue
- Select On to enable Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking
- Continue down the form, enter your general preferences and Tripadvisor ID
- Pay special attention to the Refund and Cancellation choices - they must be consistent with your policy text later
- Enter your rate adjustment, as you would for any other channel
- Fill in your policy text
Ensure that your cancellation policy, terms and conditions, and all the policies fields are filled in to prevent future issues.
It is very important that the text you put in these boxes does not contradict the policy selected in the first section. Having a refund (1) or cancellation policy (2) that doesn't match your earlier selection will cause confusion for potential guests and create discrepancies in bookings.
- After filling in your policies, double check to make sure everything looks good before clicking Save.
Wait 48 hours
You must wait 48 hours before proceeding to step 6.
- Go to the Management center and Sign in
- Select the property you want to set up
- Click on Drive booking and choose the campaign: Plus or Instant Booking
- Under Connectivity Partner, choose Cloudbeds' Myallocator
- Click Get Started
- Verify your property and click Correct
- Verify the dates, rates and rooms and click Correct
If this information does not match, make sure you have waited 48 hours as mentioned above.
If you have waited 48 hours and the information still does not match, contact myallocator support team.
- Read through the Tax options very carefully, and select the proper option based on your rates and taxes
- Click Continue
Congratulations! Tripadvisor Plus/Instant Booking is now set up.
Within the next 24 hours, travelers will be able to instantly book rooms at your property on Tripadvisor.
When active, your Plus/Instant Booking option will display a View Deal button, and guests will be presented with the option of paying for the booking directly within Tripavisor, as shown below.
Explore the Dashboard to learn how you can track your performance. Go to the Management Center and click on Manage Campaign for Plus to check it.
For several channels, including Tripadvisor, it's important to know whether nightly rates include or exclude breakfast. Check the following article to learn How to add Breakfast Inclusive / Exclusive Option for Channel Distribution.
The guests will see the Book with Tripadvisor Plus button and the bonuses they get if they use this deal above the button. They also see more deals below the button.