TripConnect Instant Booking is an easy-to-activate channel, but it works slightly differently than other channels. TripAdvisor uses all settings in myallocator channel manager to update your information on TripAdvisor's website.
At this time, connecting to Tripadvisor is not yet possible through myfrontdesk system. It is possible to setup the connection from myallocator, which will feed the information into Tripadvisor and myfrontdesk automatically.
We hope to provide this capability directly on myfrontdesk soon.
- Hostels are currently ineligible for Instant Booking
- The Instant Booking feature is only available to guests placing the booking from the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa. Travelers in other countries will not see the Instant Booking option.
If you are interested in activating Tripadvisor Instant Booking for your property, please create a ticket for support.
Once we receive the ticket, we will send you special instructions and your unique credentials.
The credentials are specific to each property, so please create a ticket and we will respond quickly.
Click on the link below to setup your property with them first: http://www.tripadvisor.com/InstantBooking
- General Details
- Make sure your address, phone number, and tax percentage are up to date
NOTE: The Tax Rate entered on this screen MUST MATCH the Tax Rate entered in Step # 7.9!
Currently, only tax as percentage is supported. Per guest fixed amount taxes aren't possible.
TripAdvisor uses this information when displaying your property and calculating a total for a guest at check out.
The last item to verify in your myallocator configuration is the Room Setup screen.
Pictures of each room type are required for TripConnect Instant Booking.
- Access 'Room Types' tab
- Click to edit room type
- New Photos can be uploaded by clicking the 'Choose File' button, select a picture from your computer, and click 'Update'.
- Click 'Manage'
- Add Channel
- Search for 'TripAdvisor Instant Booking'
NOTE: If you have not correctly set up the information in Steps 2-4, you will be warned when you try to enable Instant Booking from Channel Set Up.
5. If you are missing any information, just click the "Resolve" link, and you will be directed to the appropriate screen to enter the missing information
6. Once all property information is entered, this section will change to look like this, and you are ready to continue
7. Select 'On' to enable TripAdvisor Instant Bookings
8. Continue down the form, enter your general preferences and TripAdvisor ID
9. Pay special attention to the Refund and Cancelation choices, as they must be consistent with your policy text later
10. Continue down and enter your rate adjustment, as you would for any other channel
11. Next, fill in your policy text
NOTE: It is very important that the text you put in these boxes does not contradict the policy selected in the first section. Having a refund (1) or cancellation policy (2) that doesn't match your earlier selection will cause confusion for potential guests and create discrepancies in bookings.
12. After filling in your policies, double check to make sure everything looks good before clicking "Save."
Important: You must wait 48 hours before proceeding to step # 7.
- Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/instantbooking
- Click on 'Check Your Eligibility'
- Sign In
- Select the property you want to setup
- Under Connectivity Partner, choose 'Cloudbeds' Myallocator'
- Click 'Get Started'
- Verify your property and click Correct
- Verify the dates, rates and rooms and click 'Correct'.
NOTE: If this information does not match, please make sure you have waited 48 hours as mentioned in Step #6. If you have waited 48 hours and the information still does not match, please contact myallocator support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a ticket at: myallocator.cloudbeds.com.
9. Read through the Tax options very carefully, and select the proper option based on your rates and taxes.
Currently only tax as percentage is supported. Per guest fixed amount taxes aren't possible.
NOTE:The Tax Rate entered here must match the option set in myallocator on Step # 3.3!
11. Congratulations! TripAdvisor Instant Booking is now setup and ready to use.
Within the next 24 hours, travelers will be able to instantly book rooms at your property on TripAdvisor.
When active, your Instant Booking option will display a "Book Now" button, and guests will be presented with the option of paying for the booking directly within TripAdvisor, as shown below.
Explore the Dashboard to learn how you can track your instant booking performance.
- Click 'Explore Dashboard'
- The Dashboard page will show you a snapshot of your performance.
- Click 'Booking Activity Report' for a more detailed report of your booking history.
- Click 'Transaction Report' to obtain details regarding the financial transactions you have received.
- Click on 'Performance' to analyze your property in the following areas:
- Pricing Comparison
- Button Impressions
- Availability Comparison
- Search Trends
- Cancellation Rate
For several channels - including TripAdvisor it is important to know whether nightly rates include or exclude breakfast. Check below to check how to setup this option:
In order for a guest to be presented with TripAdvisor Instant Booking, they must meet the following requirements:
- Located in countries:USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, and South Africa.
- Only 25% to 50% of the guests will be presented with the Instant Booking option, depending on the commission model you selected with TripAdvisor. To find out which ratio your property will receive you will need to contact your TripAdvisor representative.
What guests see
When a guest is presented with the TripAdvisor Instant Booking option, they will see a "View Deal" box that lists TripAdvisor as the channel, as shown below:
Once they select TripAdvisor as the booking source, they will be presented with the booking options for each room:
The guest will complete the booking process directly on tripadvisor.com and see the following: