This is a paid service, If you wish to use this service, please make sure you have at least 100 reservations to import, this is the minimum requirement.
- Canceled and no-show reservations will not be imported.
- We may need the aid of the property to provide manual information, in case the source does not provide some mandatory information.
- We will not perform any manual data-entry other than the adjustment on our import tool to make data compatible.
Reservation import is usually divided in 2 section
Standard reservation import
Will include all current (in-house) reservations and future arrivals.
Historical reservation import
This will include all checked-out reservations, for the period you have requested
We currently limit our historical reservation import to 24 moths in the past
Reservations with status Cancelled and No-Show will not be imported.
If you're willing to have your existing reservation imported from your previous system, OTA or file, we can offer our reservation import service, please be aware that different systems or files are not compatible, and data always requires some manual adjustments from our team.
- First, we need to retrieve the data from the property’s current PMS or OTA (Source), some sources provides with a clear file with all or most necessary information, some does contain only partial data, and others do not have an export feature at all.
- In case the systems are not compatible for data extraction, we can import from a file (xls or csv), in this case we will provide a list of necessary data.
- With all the information in hand, we will start the process of converting that data into a compatible format to be imported into Cloudbeds system.
We try our best to extract all the necessary information, however, We may not know what information will be available, and the quality of the data, until the reservation process is in progress.
Make sure of the following
- Your property set up must be completed because right after the importing, channels will be activated and your system pushed live.
Sources must be created, especially if you work with Taxes. In this case, they must be configured and linked to their Sources. Please refer to your implementation coach if you have questions in regards.
full article here
Room Types should be set similarly from the importing source (the other PMS/OTA) and preferably with the same or similar name. If any changes are made to the room set up when switching to Cloudbeds, please provide us with a room matching list, example:
- Female Dorm will cease to exist, import all female dorm reservations to Mixed Dorm.
- The standard room will now be called Double Room.
- On import date, availability should be closed on all channels and booking engine, this way we guarantee system is updated right after the process. If you wish to keep your channels open, then you will need to manually check activity during import
During the import you should stop all activity related to reservations and payment processing in the previous system and your channels, we will start to import reservations and advise once import is complete, this can take approximately 24 hours. In case you can't stop activity, you will need to take note of modifications and manually check after the import is complete.
If you receive direct reservation (e-mail, phone etc.) during the import process, you can manually enter in your system, in this case please cross-check your availability with your previous system/OTA.
After import is completed you will be ready to activate your channels, and the new booking engine will be prepared to be installed on your website.
It's also important to know:
- Property is responsible for room assignment. Reservations will be entered with the correct room type, but not assigned to a specific allocation. The "auto-assign" option will assign the rooms to the first available accommodation of the room type.
- Reservations will be imported with status "Confirmation Pending" and will need to be acknowledged and Confirmed by the users in the new system.
- Only total payment and amount paid can be imported, payment type will be registered as "Voucher" on imported reservations by default.
- Reservations will be imported with the total price splitted equally between days, so in case you will edit reservations with different daily price, balance due needs to be adjusted accordingly.
- Myfrontdesk may generate reports differently from the property's previous PMS. Eg. If you have a different amount of rooms or room-types, Occupancy Report will show different data. Because of that, the Occupancy Report may not be accurate and should be considered as a reference rather than official data.
In case you choose to import past reservations, it is important to be aware of the following information
- You should not use the reports generated by myfrontdesk for historical data. This data will likely not provide accurate information about your business numbers, especially financially.
- Reservations already checked out will have all charges posted in the system, this includes taxes and fees. this means if there where any balance due for these reservations, this needs to be manually adjusted
- Past reservations will not show up in the calendar as they will be imported as Checked Out and will not have a room assigned to it.
- Full amount will be calculated by the system and posted on date of arrival for Checked Out reservations
- Payments will be added as a Voucher to differentiate from regular payments.
- Checked Out reservations will be entered with full amount set as paid, in this case the system won't take in consideration pending payment for reservations already checked out
- Canceled and no-show reservations will not be imported.
If provided by your previous system or file, we can extract and import the following:
- Main Name (First and Last Name)
- Email Address: If not provided or incorrect, a “fictitious" email address will be generated, so the reservations can be imported.
- Country: If not provided, a default country will be generated based on property's country
- Phone number
- Postal Code
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date
- Booking Date
- Number of Rooms
- Number of Adults and Children
Total Reservation Amount
- Reservations will be imported with total amount splitted equally between days, so in case you will edit reservations with different daily price, balance due needs to be adjusted accordingly.
- NOTE: Reservations are imported to a Room Type, not to a specific Room or Bed. If a Room Type has more than one room under it, the reservations will not necessarily be assigned to the same room as it was assigned in the previous PMS.
- We recommend disabling the Auto-Assign Feature when importing reservations so the system does not assign them to the incorrect room.
- After the import is done you can assign the in-house reservations first to the correct rooms and later auto-assign the future arrivals.
- If provided by the source, the Room information will be included under the Notes for each reservation, so the property can manually assign them to the correct room.
Reservation Source: Where the reservation came from (OTAs, Website, etc)
- For OTAs, if clearly stated, we will import it as "Hotel Collect" or Channel Collect. If not, they will be imported as Hotel Collect by default
- If a Source is not created on myfrontdesk, we will use “website" instead.
Third-Party Reservation ID: If not provided, it will be blank. May cause issues:
- OTAs may send changes to a particular reservation. If the OTA Reservation Number is not included into the reservation, a new reservation may be created causing a duplicate, or, depending on OTA, no update will be received. That means modification on OTA will need to be manually adjusted.
Status: Reservations will be imported as Confirmation Pending, so the property can verify if the information is correct and then Confirm it.
- Both Confirmation Pending and Confirmed reservations are valid reservations and affect availability in the same way. It is merely a visual flag to help the property to identify reservations that must be checked for issues before confirming it.
- Checked In reservations will be imported as Confirmation Pending as well, since the system does not allow reservations to be imported as such.
Notes: Any information provided as “Notes” from the source, will be included to the Notes of the reservation. Also, any relevant information that can’t be imported in a specific field will be added here.
- For example, if provided by the source, the Room Number/Name will be included in the Notes, so the property can assign the reservations correctly.
- Some PMS have more than one place to store Notes, but not all of the notes are exported. In that case, only what’s provided can be automatically added.
- If provided by the source, the payments will be added to the reservations.
- Payment Types: If the Payment Type is clearly identified, it will be added to the reservation
- Payment Date: If the Payment Date is clearly identified, it will be added correctly. Otherwise, the system will import It using the Booking Date OR Arrival Date (for in-house reservations)
(Please note: any information that is not imported automatically can be added by the property, manually after the import is done).
- Any information that is not provided by the source
- Example: Some PMSs have fields for Notes, but they are not exported in the Reservations file.
- Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are normally encrypted and not exported along with the reservation files, for security purposes, these information are normally not accessible in bulk.
- Custom Fields, even if created on myfrontdesk.
- Any extra charges not related to the Room Rates, if available, we will provide you with a list of reservations that need to be adjusted accordingly.
- Extra Guest Details
- Birthday, Additional Guests, ID Number, etc.
- Any information that is not provided by the source
- If the reservation was imported without the Third Party Reservation ID, myfrontdesk is not able to match them and update the reservation imported. Most likely, myfrontdesk will created a new reservation with the new information. Keep an eye for those reservations, just in case.
- If you receive a modification/cancellation from an OTA account that is not connected to myfrontdesk, if will not be received by it. In that case, you should manually find them on myfrontdesk and make the adjustments necessary.
- Myfrontdesk may generate reports differently from the property’s previous PMS. For that matter, the Occupancy Report may not be accurate and should be seen as a REFERENCE report rather than official data.
- If you have added or removed room types or number of rooms in the meantime, the report can “report" a higher or lower number.
- You should not use the reports generated by myfrontdesk for imported historical data. This data will likely not provide an accurate information of your business numbers, especially financially.