Makemytrip, Goibibo, HotelTravel, and Easytobook have all rolled into one single channel - Ingoibibo making it one of the largest online hotels booking engine in India and also one of the leading air aggregators.
If you wish to connect to the OTAs Easytobook, Makemytrip, and HotelTravel, you should do so via the Ingoibibo channel
Things you should know before you get started:
- Please check the FAQ section of this article before connecting to this channel
How to connect Ingoibibo to myfrontdesk
- Login to Ingoibibo Extranet and open Property section
- Go to Channel Manager tab
- Select Cloudbeds as your channel manager, click ADD
- Login to myfrontdesk, go to Manage > Channels
- Search for Ingoibibo (Goibibo) > click Not Setup
- Enter your access token and hotel code (contact your Goibibo Account Manager to get this info) and click 'NEXT'
- Map the corresponding rooms between myfrontdesk and Ingoibibo, click NEXT when done:
- Choose the rate plan that will be updated by myfrontdesk in the Rate Selection section.
Be sure to select the base rate plan since myfrontdesk is unable to control multiple rate plans. Rate plans or promotional packages should be set up directly in Ingoibibo.
In case you have multiple rate plans in this channel, check this article for further details on how to deal with channel's derived rate plans.
- Add a base rate adjustment for each room type if needed (here you can enter a discount or an increase of your base rate for this specific channel) and click NEXT
- Select the Channel-specific Options (please check further details below)
7.1. You can set charges for extra Adult, Child or Infant. In any of these cases you can select the following options:
- Same as Room Rate: The rate for an extra person will be the as the room rate.
- Do not set Extra person Rate: You will not set a rate for any extra person.
- Extra Rate person Set Below: Select this option if you would like to set a custom flat rate per extra person in the field below.
- Percentage Relative to Room Rate Set Below: Select this option to set a percentage derived from your base rate.
For example: Your room rate costs 100. If you select this option and set -20, the cost for an extra person would be 80 = 20% lower than your room rate
7.2. Select the rate type that your property uses on Goibibo
- B2c is for those bookers of Goibibo who are individuals (Recommended)
- B2b is is a rate the property has agreed to also sell at a discounted rate for business or to a Goibibo contracted company.
- Mybiz is a product by Goibibo that enables any employee of a corporate client, many individuals sign up as mybiz and book hotels at a discounted rate.
This setting has to match the settings on your Goibibo extranet account.
7.3. Minimum Advanced Booking Offset
- The minimum amount of time allowed by the property before a guest can book a room. (Please set this in hours)
7.4. Maximum Advanced Booking Offset
- The maximum amount of time that a guest can book in advanced. If you set 1440 hours (60 days), it won't show rooms that are more than 60 days out
- The Minimum Advanced Booking Offset value will be set as "0" - meaning the last point the room can be booked is midnight the date of stay
- The Maximum Advanced Booking Offset will be set as 13200 - meaning the room becomes available to book 550 days before date of stay or 1.5 years
If you set Minimum Advanced Booking Offset or Maximum Advanced Booking Offset as "0" this is causing both fields to be set to 0 on the channel, it means that your property is not bookable until midnight the date of stay
- Perform a Full Refresh to send rates/availability from myfrontdesk to the channel
Frequently Asked Questions
- Automatic Adjustments
- Minimum length of stay
- Closing Rate Plan for Bookings
Ingoibibo does not support:
- Automatic Adjustments for cancellations
- Maximum length of stay
- Close Day for Arrival
- Close Day for Departure
Please make sure that any Rate-Based Taxes were configured as an 'Inclusive' tax - Subtotals received from this channel already include taxes.
Check more details about Rate-Based Taxes configuration here: Rate-Based Taxes (Dynamic Tax)
- After you have completed the channel mapping in myfrontdesk, go to Reservation Sources
- Open Third Party Sources tab
- Here you will find the Ingoibibo field
- Configure taxes/fees and commission for Channel and Hotel Collect (if applicable)
Myfrontdesk separates Ingoibibo Hotel Collect and Ingoibibo Channel Collect. This means that you will see in a reservation whether the payment is paid directly to the hotel, or collected by the channel before getting paid out to the property.
You can also set up different taxes, fees, commissions, and payment methods for both Ingoibibo Hotel Collect and Channel Collect
To setup payment methods - payment processing should be enabled
- Go to Payment Options
- Scroll down to Processing Methods
- Select payment method for Ingoibibo Hotel Collect and Channel Collect separately:
Click here to learn more about how myfrontdesk receives rates from Ingoibibo
The following error can be solved once you update your Check-in and Check-out time at Goibibo extranet.
Log in to your Goibibo extranet and access 'Property' section in order to setup/update your Check-in and Check-out time.
If needed, you can also ask your Goibibo Business Development Manager to do it so.
If you see this error during the mapping process, you need to follow the instructions from the error: contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to change the pricing model to Per Day Rate. Once it is done, you can continue with the mapping process.