We are glad to announce Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myfrontdesk and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Note: Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via their API connection as rates are set directly within myfrontdesk.
Also, Cloudbeds is part of Airbnb's Preferred Software Partner program. Further information here.
Limitation of Airbnb API Connection
- When the listing is connected via Airbnb API, it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing functionality and "Instant Booking" is automatically enabled. Visit this article from our Knowledge Base to learn more about our Price Intelligence Engine feature.
2. The API allows listings in North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe. However, aside from traditional hospitality listings, we do not currently accept listings via the API in the following select urban markets:
- New York, NY, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Traditional hospitality listings are not subject to these urban market restrictions. Additionally, in Japan we do not accept listings for accommodations (minpaku) used for Housing Accommodation Business under the Japanese Housing Accommodation Business Act (Act No.65 of 2017) via the API. The only exception to this is certain Japanese API partners who have entered into the license agreement with regard to Airbnb brand and intellectual properties within Japan.
To utilize the API in the above geographies, you must select and be licensed as one of the following property type categories aparthotel, bnb, boutique hotel, farm stay, hostel, hotel, lodge, timeshare, minsu, casa particular, pension, pousada, resort, ryokan, heritage hotel, and serviced apartment.
3. The API connection allows only 1 Airbnb account to be connected to your myfrontdesk account. It is currently not possible to connect multiple Airbnb listings from different Airbnb accounts to a single myfrontdesk account.
Please ensure that hosts are creating completely verified listings FIRST before authenticating through our (cloudbeds) system. If they try to authenticate before finishing verification with Airbnb, they will not be able to connect to the Airbnb API.
Visit this article to learn how to Connect Airbnb API to myfrontdesk
Listing's status should be Listed
Listing's status should be set to "Listed". If you will sync the listing in status "Unlisted" or "Snoozed" - it will remain in this status and it won't be possible to edit it unless the listing is disconnected.
Please note that Airbnb can not update availability for the following listing types:
Although myfrontdesk can receive bookings from these listings types, the connection works in a very limited way - we can't update availability for any of the mentioned listing types.
If you have one of the listing property type above, please change it in Airbnb extranet directly. If you are not allowed to change it by yourself, contact your Airbnb account manager.
You can switch immediately! Enjoy the connection! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
You can upload as many photos as you like.
- Automatic synchronization of your rates and availability - YES
- Automatic adjustment for cancellations - YES
- Sending Minimum Length of Stay - YES
- Sending Maximum Length of Stay - YES
- Sending Closed Days for Arrival/Departure - YES
- Closing Rate Plan for Bookings - YES
- Sending Single Use Rate - NO (sending price for 1 person/guest)
The answer is provided by the Airbnb team:
"Room Type Inventory Policies:
Room Type inventory allows hosts to have multiple availabilities for the same listing on the same day. Hosts can group multiple rooms into a single “representative” set and use daily availability counts to manage the availability on the listing.
This feature should be implemented only when there is more than 1 room available per day for the listing, and when these rooms share similar attributes such that they can be considered true substitutes; the rooms should have the same amenities, bed configurations, size, decor, and address.
Note that listings with property type House are not eligible to be listed as Room Type Inventory"
Myfrontdesk will send the rates and availability for the next 3 years to Airbnb but Airbnb only shows 365 days.
When your listing is connected via the Airbnb API, Cloudbeds will automatically turn on the instant booking on Airbnb, and it will not be possible to disable it unless you disconnect the channel. As for the guest requirements section, guest trip information we will not override this information.