Base Rate Adjustment functionality allows you to set rate differences for the distribution channel (OTA) connected to myfrontdesk.
This rate difference is channel-specific. For example, you can have 5% discount from your base rate (standard rate) only for Booking.com and not the other OTAs, you would configure (-) 5 % for every room type in Base Rate Adjustment section in Booking.com channel mapping.
The rate differences can be set in a Percentage Amount (e.g +10 %, -10%) or a Fixed Amount in the property's currency (e.g +20 USD,-20 USD).
Base Rate Adjustments Settings
- Click the gear icon 'Manage'.
- Open 'Channels'.
- Click on the channel's STATUS (should already be ENABLED).
- Next to the 'Base Rate Adjustment', click 'VIEW / EDIT'.
- To adjust all the room types at once, you may enter the amount and select if the rate difference is in the percentage or fixed amount, then, click 'APPLY'.
- To enter the adjustment individually for each room type, enter the amount in the Base Rate Adjustment field.
- Select if the amount is in percentage or fixed amount.
- Click 'NEXT STEP' to proceed to the next page.
- Currently, we support 3 digits to the right of the decimal point
- If you need to manage rates considering the taxes, please consult this article: Applying Taxes and Fees to Reservation Sources
- Click 'CONTINUE' to save all the changes
- Click 'FULL REFRESH' to send the updated rates to the channel.