We are glad to announce Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration! Also, Cloudbeds is part of Airbnb's Preferred Software Partner program - Further information here
Benefits of the Airbnb API connection:
- Full sync between Cloudbeds and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync is instant and is not delayed
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
If you're new to connection - please check this article first: Airbnb API Sign Up Process and Minimum Requirements
Limitations of Airbnb API Connection
- When the listing is connected via Airbnb API it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing and the discounts on Airbnb:
- Length-of-stay discounts
- Early-bird discounts
- Last-minute discounts
If you're selling the accommodations with discounts at the moment - please pay attention to this limitation as after the sync all the discounts will be disabled. This limitation can be resolved later, please contact our Support team to check the current status
2. In Japan, Airbnb doesn't accept listings created through API-connected software for accommodations (minpaku) used for Housing Accommodations business under the Japanese Housing Accommodation Business (Act No.65 of 2017). The only exception to the policy is for Japanese API partners who have entered into the license agreement with regard to Airbnb brand and intellectual properties within Japan.
To learn more about this topic, please refer to the following links:
- Make sure you've read and completed the requirements for the connection in this article Airbnb API. How to Apply for Connection, Minimum Requirements and FAQ
- If you're connected to another channel manager on Airbnb - please disconnect it: go to your Airbnb account > Connected Apps > select the channel manager you're connected to > click Remove App
Before mapping make sure that the rooms setup in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match (room occupancy, room type).
- By default Airbnb (API) channel is in status 'Not setup' for all the properties. Go ahead and click on 'Not Setup'
- Click on Next to authorize Airbnb
Authorize Cloudbeds to manage your Airbnb listings
Now you need to authorize Cloudbeds myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds) to manage your Airbnb listings:
3. Enter Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials). If you still see an error - please logout from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again
4. Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myallocator clicking 'Allow'
If you connect one Airbnb account to several myfrontdesk accounts - you will see a yellow alert, you can ignore it and proceed with authorization
Here you can enter a discount or an increase of your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter - 5% for each room. The same applies for higher rates.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
For more info please check this article: Base Rate Adjustment or How to Send Different Rates to Channels
On Channels page you will see Airbnb (API) set on status 'Setup Complete':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myallocator will not override your pictures, descriptions - myallocator updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myfrontdesk, it's important to make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
1) login to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
2) open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
3) on new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
4) select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myfrontdesk for the selected room type (listing)
1. Go to Reservation Sources page in myfrontdesk
2. Open 'Third Party Sources' tab
3. Add Airbnb API as new source (if not yet added) and apply fee and/or tax for reservations from Airbnb if needed
4. Click SAVE
Now the taxes/fees applicable will automatically be added to Airbnb reservations (API connection)
If you face any errors during the connection - please refer to this article Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection or contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
There could be possible reasons why you'd like to stop sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk:
- information in Airbnb after sync is incorrect
- some settings are not editable
- fees were not set
To stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and open Listings tab
2) click 'Cloudbeds' (MyAllocator)
3) click the three dots menu next to listing
4) click 'Stop sync'
After that - please contact our support team at email@example.com to disconnect myfrontdesk from Airbnb API on our side.
Note that both steps must be done (disconnect Airbnb API on our side and also on Airbnb extranet) - Stopping the connection on myallocator only, will not stop the sync with Airbnb.
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myfrontdesk - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Cloudbeds Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: +1-855-424-7262