This article will walk you through the process of how to set up the Add-Ons for your property in Cloudbeds PMS. If you need to update existing Add-Ons or if you want to create them, please follow the steps below.
Cloudbeds believes every lodging business is unique. We have tools for every size and budget to establish and grow. Reach out to our Hospitality Consultants for more information on each available package.
If you are not yet a Cloudbeds customer, please click here to access our Pricing Guide and schedule a Demo.
Before creating your Add-On, you should create an Item/Service first.
Login to your myfrontdesk account:
- Click on Settings
- Select Items and Services under the Property Configuration
- Click on + New Item
Click and drag items to re-order them
- Enter the item Name
- If it is a product then you can track stock inventory for it
- Item Type - Specify whether the item you are adding is a product (example: water bottle), a service (example: massage, tour)
- If you press the tab button in this section the system will automatically assign a SKU number to the item
- Enter the Item/Product Code
- Category - Link the item to the designated category. If you don't have categories yet, click on Create New Category
- Add the Description
The add-on name and description appear on your booking engine. If you would like the text translated to the language in which the guest is viewing the bookings page, enter the translation of this text for each language. Leaving it empty for that language will show the same text as your main application language.
- Mandatory Notes - If selected, you need to enter a note on every item you add on reservations.
Price - Enter the price for a single item
- If there is no price associated, select the box This item does not have a price - this way you can enter a price manually when adding the item to a reservation
Apply taxes or fees that will be associated with the item.
- If the taxes or fees are not listed, you will need to click on the link 'Create/Modify Tax or Fee'
Do not track stock inventory - Click here to learn more about Stock Inventory
- If not selected, the system will update the quantity available whenever a transaction is posted
- If selected, the system will keep track of stock for a specific item
- Click on Save Item
2.1 Create the Add-On
Under Property Configuration:
- Click on Add-ons
- Select + New Add-On
- Add-on name - this will be displayed on the booking engine mybookings
- Inventory Item - select the item previously created
Charge Type - select whether it is charged per:
- room/bed per night
- guest per night
- Transaction code (Internal only, optional)
- Select when the add-on will be available
- both arrival or departure
- If "Not Applicable" is selected, it is irrelevant whether the guest checks in or checks out on a day that an add-on is available
- Select when the transaction should be posted
- Immediately when receiving the reservation - the item will be posted to Folio at the time of booking and inventory will be immediately reduced
- When checking-in the reservation - the item will be posted to Folio at the time of check-in. Inventory will be reduced at the time of check in
- Post Add-On daily will only be available if the add-ons charge type (5) is selected as: Per Night, Per Guest Per Night or Per Room/Bed Per Night
- Choose if you want to keep posted or void the transaction in case of cancellation/no show.
- Chose how add-ons values will be calculated for revenue allocation:
- Adjust its price proportionally to the other package inclusions - this option will include the add-on price into the calculation and adjust its price proportionally to the other package inclusions.
- Calculate based on the full price - this option will not change the add-on price and will keep the full pricing. It is mostly used for the services provided by the third-parties, where you want to keep the price fixed, for example: concert tickets, airport transfers, or safari tours. These services should be marked with this option during add-on creation to keep their pricing fixed.
- Upload an image (recommended)
- Image Dimensions: 150px x 75px
The text entered on Add-on name appears on booking engine. If you would like the text translated to the language in which the guest is viewing the bookings page, enter the translation of this text for each language.
Leaving it empty for that language will show the same text as your main application language.
2.2 Create the Add-On Interval
If you do not have an interval, the add-on will not be available
- Click on +Add Interval
- Set interval name (internal only)
- Set the date range - start and end date
- Minimum and Maximum overlap - number of consecutive reservation days that the add-on must be available
- Select the room types you want this add-on to be available for
Fill up with prices and day(s) of the week that this service/product should be offered
- In case you offer this add-on with a different price during the year, for example, you can simply add a new date range to set it
- Click on Add Date Range to save the interval
- Click on Save
The Add-on will show up on the reservation page in the booking engine after confirmation screen.
Once you setup your add-on, your guests will be able to select once they complete the reservation. See an example below:
If you want to limit the quantity of Add-Ons sold, you must use the Stock Inventory option.