This feature requires the Cloudbeds Premier plan or higher/equivalent.
This article will walk you through the process of how to set up the Add-Ons for your property in myfrontdesk. If you need to update existing Add-Ons or if you want to create them, please follow the steps below.
Are you interested in this feature? Please send an email to email@example.com and our support team will help you.
Before creating your Add-On, you should create an Item/Service first.
Login to your myfrontdesk account:
- Click on 'Settings' (gear icon)
- Select 'Items and Services' under the Property Configuration
- Click on '+ New Item'
- You can click and drag items to re-order them
- To learn more about Stock Inventory, check the following knowledge base article: Stock Inventory
- Enter the item 'Name'
- If it is a product then you can track stock inventory for it
- Item Type - Specify whether the item you are adding is a product (example: water bottle), a service (example: massage, tour)
'SKU Number' (Required)
- If you press the tab button in this section the system will automatically assign a SKU number to the item
- Enter the 'Item/Product Code' (Optional)
- 'Category' - Link the item to the designated category. If you don't have categories yet, click on 'Create New Category'
- Add the 'Description' (optional)
The add-on name and description appear on mybookings. If you would like the text translated to the language in which the guest is viewing the bookings page, enter the translation of this text for each language. Leaving it empty for that language will show the same text as your main application language.
- Mandatory Notes - If selected, you need to enter a note on every item you add on reservations.
Price - Enter the price for a single item
- If there is no price associated, select the box 'This item does not have a price' - this way you can enter a price manually when adding the item to a reservation
Apply taxes or fees that will be associated with the item.
- If the taxes or fees are not listed, you will need to click on the link 'Create/Modify Tax or Fee'
Do not track stock inventory
- If not selected, the system will update the quantity available whenever a transaction is posted
If selected, the system will keep track of stock for a specific item
- Current Stock quantity - Enter the quantity of the product that is currently available for sale at the property
- Reorder Threshold Quantity - If you would like to be notified when the current stock quantity of the item reaches a specific quantity, enter the quantity here. If you do not want to be notified, leave this field empty. Threshold quantity should typically be lower than available quantity.
Stop selling the product
- Never stop selling the product - Even if remaining quantity of the product reaches to zero or below, it will continue being available for sale
- Stop selling the product when remaining quantity reaches - if the remaining inventory quantity of this stock reaches below the value specified, this product will no longer be available for sale
- Click on 'Save Item'
2.1 Create the Add-On
Under Property Configuration:
- Click on Add-ons
- Select '+ New Add-On'
- Add-on name - this will be displayed on the booking engine mybookings
- 'Inventory Item' - select the item previously created
Charge Type - select whether it is charged per:
- room/bed per night
- guest per night
- Transaction code (Internal only, optional)
- Select when the add-on will be available
- both arrival or departure
- If "Not Applicable" is selected, it is irrelevant whether the guest checks in or checks out on a day that an add-on is available
- Select when the transaction should be posted
- Immediately when receiving the reservation - the item will be posted to Folio at the time of booking and inventory will be immediately reduced
- When checking-in the reservation - the item will be posted to Folio at the time of check-in. Inventory will be reduced at the time of check in
- Choose if you want to keep posted or void the transaction in case of cancellation/no show.
- Upload an image (recommended)
- Image Dimensions: 150px x 75px
The text entered on Add-on name appears on mybookings. If you would like the text translated to the language in which the guest is viewing the bookings page, enter the translation of this text for each language.
Leaving it empty for that language will show the same text as your main application language.
2.2 Create the Add-On Interval
If you do not have an interval, the add-on will not be available on your mybookings page
- Click on '+Add Interval'
- Set interval name (internal only)
- Set the date range - start and end date
- Minimum and Maximum overlap - number of consecutive reservation days that the add-on must be available
- Select the room types you want this add-on to be available for
Fill up with prices and day(s) of the week that this service/product should be offered
- In case you offer this add-on with a different price during the year, for example, you can simply add a new date range to set it
- Click on 'Add Date Range' to save the interval
- Click on 'Save'
The Add-on will show up on the reservation page in the booking engine after confirmation
Once you setup your add-on, your guests will be able to select once they complete the reservation on mybookings. See an example below:
Frequently Asked Questions
When the guest books/purchases an add-on, you will receive 2 separate emails from myfrontdesk
- Reservation summary email without the add-on purchase:
- Reservation summary email with the add-on purchase:
The add-on will be added to the guest folio depending on which option you chose "when the transaction should be posted": immediately when receiving the reservation or when checking-in the reservation.
To check how many add-on orders you have during a specific date range, follow the steps below:
- Access the Transactions report
- Click on the filter drop-down 'Description'
- Select the desired add-on only and leave the rest unselected
Below is how the result will look: