This article describes the process of adding an exclusive tax/fee (on top of the reservation rate) to a reservation. Adding an exclusive tax/fee directly in reservation means that you need to calculate the amount of the tax/fee manually.
Add Exclusive Taxes and Fees to a reservation
Things to note:
- When you select a fee to add manually to the folio of a reservation or house account, the system will automatically load the amount of the fee you specified when you set up your fees.
- If you select a tax or fee that is a percentage, you will be able to write in a flat amount.
- If the fee has an exclusive tax applied, you will see it totaled in another field before clicking the Add button.
- To set up the system to add and calculate the taxes/fees automatically for specific sources, see: Applying Taxes and Fees to Specific Sources
- Access the reservation to edit, and click on the Folio tab
- Click the Add/Adjust Charge drop-down menu to select Add Exclusive Tax/Fee
- Select the exclusive tax/fee type. The tax should be created in advance, see Taxes and Fees - How to create Taxes and Fees
- Select the guest to whom you want to assign the tax/fee
- Enter the tax/fee amount
- Select the date and time the tax should be posted. This information affects the Reports.
- Click Add
- The tax/fee added will appear in the reservation folio
- The void transaction allows to remove it, if needed. See more: How to Void Transactions
If a manually added fee has an added tax, this tax will be calculated automatically.
Add a Tax on top of a specific Fee
Create a tax to be added on top of specific fee. Example, this tax should be charged to the Cancellation Fee.
- Go to Taxes and Fees
- Click the pencil to edit
- Click Yes to confirm and select the fees to apply it to
Once you add the fee with the applicable tax to a reservation, the tax will be automatically calculated and displayed in the folio: