Lightspeed L is a сloud-based POS system which will help you manage staff, serve customers and monitor performance.
"Lightspeed is an POS that allows you to create a customizable menu, complete with images and modifiers, update your floor plan in real time, as well as manage your integrations, staff and loyalty programs — all in one place. So you can focus on creating that unique restaurant experience."
If you need to transfer the ownership of your account, you must first disconnect Lightspeed and then, the new owner should connect the Lightspeed again, otherwise, you will not be able uninstall or reinstall the app.
- Lightspeed L POS only works with all of the iOS devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone)
- Lightspeed must have the same default currency set as Cloudbeds.
- For more information about Lightspeed's availability in your country, language and currency, please contact Lightspeed's Sales team.
- Create an account with Lightspeed L POS and set up your bar/restaurant in the app. Make sure to create your inventory and set up your prices.
- Create a Payment Type called Add to Room as shown here:
You must have the same name of payments/credit cards in your Lightspeed settings and in Cloudbeds in order for them to match. If they are not the same, Cloudbeds will create a "duplicate" in the account.
After you have successfully created your Lightspeed account, please follow these steps to connect with myfrontdesk:
1. Click on Manage
2. Under Apps and Integrations, click on Marketplace
3. Search for Lightspeed L POS
4. Click on the Lightspeed app
5. Click on Connect App
6. Log in with your Lightspeed Account credentials
7. Click on Allow
7. Cloudbeds and Lightspeed are now successfully connected!
The connection is pretty straight-forward - You can choose to charge the bill to a guest's folio on your property. This is how you do it:
- Add charges to a table, in this example, we will add an Aperitif, a Campari for €3,20
- Click on View Order
- Click on Pay
- Select Charge Room as a payment method
5. In the search box, press the Space and Enter keys.
- This way, it will search for any In-House reservations (This will not work for any other reservation status)
6. A list of reservations should appear, in this example, we will select the First Room for the guest John Smith.
- If no reservations appear on the list, make sure you have In House reservations on your myfrontdesk calendar.
- If you still don't see anything, contact our support team
7. The charge will start processing and will be added to the reservation folio, click on Finalize.
The charge should now show on the reservation Folio as shown below.
Please wait one minute delay for the transaction to show on the folio.
Currently, Lightspeed doesn't allow you to undo this action so the user must be careful when selecting the room.
You can have all of your POS Transactions synced to Cloudbeds. Room charges will be assigned to the reservation folio, the rest of the charges and payments will be synced to the house account. All transactions will be reflected in the reports. This option is automatically enabled for new connections.
To turn this option off:
1. Click on the Settings button once you have connected the Lightspeed L App with myfrontdesk
2. Disable Sync All Lightspeed Transactions
3. Save your changes
- If you need to void/remove a charge added by Lightspeed you will need to do it from the Lightspeed App. Alternatively, you can adjust the charge on the folio. Please check further information about this topic on the FAQ How does Lightspeed handle adjustments or voids?
- Your Lightspeed inventory is not synced with myfrontdesk Stock Inventory
- Currently, you can only send open tabs (unpaid bills) to myfrontdesk. If the guest pays for the bill at the restaurant/bar, it cannot be sent to their folio.
- If you need to charge different folios, you need to separate the bill in Lightspeed before charging the rooms.
- Transactions that are not charged to a room, will sync every 5 minutes to the House Account.
Visit the following article to check the frequently asked questions about this integration: Lightspeed L POS - Frequently Asked Questions