Lightspeed Restaurant is a сloud-based ePOS system which will help you manage staff, serve customers and monitor performance.
"Our recipe for success? An ePOS that allows you to create a customizable menu, complete with images and modifiers, the ability to update your floor plan in real time, as well as manage your integrations, staff and loyalty programs — all in one place. So you can focus on creating that unique restaurant experience."
Beta Disclaimer: Lightspeed Integration is currently under active development. The Beta labeling implies that while the core features of the integration have been implemented, bugs and issues may remain undiscovered until this phase of testing is complete. As such, you may experience undesired issues.
By using the Lightspeed Integration as Beta software you understand and agree that issues may be encountered without prior warning that may affect your experience.
Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems, please contact our support team.
- Create an account with Lightspeed Restaurant and set up your bar/restaurant in the app. Make sure to create your inventory and set up your prices.
- Create a Payment Type called "Add to Room" as shown here:
3. When you're ready to use Lightspeed, contact our support team to request the connection between Cloudbeds' myfrontdesk and your Lightspeed account.
- Please provide the email address you used to create your Lightspeed account.
4. When the connection is activated, we will contact you. This should take 1-2 days.
Testing the connection
To make sure your Lightspeed account is connected and working properly, do the following steps on Lightspeed:
- Add charges to a table and proceed to Pay
- Choose Add to Room as Payment Method
- In the search box that will appear, press the space bar
- This way, it will search for any In-House reservations
- A list of reservations should appear
- If no reservations appear on the list, make sure you have In House reservations on your myfrontdesk calendar.
- If you still don't see anything, contact our support team
The connection is pretty straight-forward. Use Lightspeed as usual, but now you can choose to charge the bill to a guest's folio on your property. This is how you do it:
- Tap on the table you want to close
- Tap on View Order
- Tap on Add to Room
- Search for a guest name or room.
- For a full list, enter space in the search field.
- Select the correct guest and tap on it.
Important: Currently, Lightspeed doesn't allow you to undo this action so the user must be careful when selecting the room.
This is how it will look in the guest's folio.
- If you need to void/remove a charge added by Lightspeed you will need to do it from the Lightspeed App. Alternatively, you can adjust the charge on the folio.
- You can't add bills to House accounts, only to In-House Reservations.
- Your Lightspeed inventory is not synced with Cloudbeds' Stock Inventory
- Currently, you can only send open tabs (unpaid bills) to Cloudbeds' myfrontdesk. If the guest pays for the bill at the restaurant/bar, it cannot be sent to their folio.
- If you need to charge different folios, you need to separate the bill in Lightspeed before charging the rooms.