Lightspeed Restaurant is a сloud-based ePOS system which will help you manage staff, serve customers and monitor performance.
"Our recipe for success? An ePOS that allows you to create a customizable menu, complete with images and modifiers, the ability to update your floor plan in real time, as well as manage your integrations, staff and loyalty programs — all in one place. So you can focus on creating that unique restaurant experience."
- Create an account with Lightspeed Restaurant and set up your bar/restaurant in the app. Make sure to create your inventory and set up your prices.
- Create a Payment Type called "Add to Room" as shown here:
3. When you're ready to use Lightspeed, contact our support team to request the connection between Cloudbeds' myfrontdesk and your Lightspeed account.
- Please provide the email address you used to create your Lightspeed account.
4. When the connection is activated, we will contact you. This should take 1-2 days.
Testing the connection
To make sure your Lightspeed account is connected and working properly, do the following steps on Lightspeed:
- Add charges to a table and proceed to Pay
- Choose Add to Room as Payment Method
- In the search box that will appear, press the space bar
- This way, it will search for any In-House reservations
- A list of reservations should appear
- If no reservations appear on the list, make sure you have In House reservations on your myfrontdesk calendar.
- If you still don't see anything, contact our support team
The connection is pretty straight-forward. Use Lightspeed as usual, but now you can choose to charge the bill to a guest's folio on your property. This is how you do it:
- Tap on the table you want to close
- Tap on View Order
- Tap on Add to Room
- Search for a guest name or room.
- For a full list, enter space in the search field.
- Select the correct guest and tap on it.
Important: Currently, Lightspeed doesn't allow you to undo this action so the user must be careful when selecting the room.
This is how it will look in the guest's folio.
- If you need to void/remove a charge added by Lightspeed you will need to do it from the Lightspeed App. Alternatively, you can adjust the charge on the folio.
- You can't add bills to House accounts, only to In-House Reservations.
- Your Lightspeed inventory is not synced with Cloudbeds' Stock Inventory
- Currently, you can only send open tabs (unpaid bills) to Cloudbeds' myfrontdesk. If the guest pays for the bill at the restaurant/bar, it cannot be sent to their folio.
- If you need to charge different folios, you need to separate the bill in Lightspeed before charging the rooms.