Dorms.com is all about hostels. It is a global company that started in Canada and has expanded in Dublin to better serve European Hostel owners to promote their properties worldwide.
This article will show how to set up dorms.com to connect with Cloudbeds PMS.
How to connect Dorms.com to Cloudbeds PMS
Step 1 - Getting Started
If you do not have an account with Dorms.com yet, you can create an account from within Cloudbeds using our Express Registration feature:
Make sure your property email is listed correctly in the Property Profile section (1) in Cloudbeds PMS. Dorms.com pulls it from Cloudbeds and will not allow you to create your account with the Express Registration Feature without this information being entered.
In Cloudbeds PMS,
- Go to Manage (gear icon)
- Open Channels
- Find Dorms.com and click on Not Setup
- Click on Create New Listing
5. Agree to the terms & conditions and click Continue
- Store Dorms.com ID, Password and Room IDs provided by email for later use.
- In another window, navigate to the Dorms.com Extranet and confirm your property details to finish the registration of your property on Dorms.com.
- After you have successfully created your Dorms.com account through Cloudbeds PMS, you will receive an email from Dorms.com with a link to finish the registration process on the Dorms.com Extranet.
- On Dorms.com you will see a note that you're connected to 'myallocator' (Channel Manager by Cloudbeds).
Proceed to mapping in step 2.
In Dorms.com Extranet,
- Go to the Dashboard
- Open Channel
- Select myallocator (Channel Manager by Cloudbeds) as your Channel Manager on Dorms.com
- Click on Setup Information next to Myallocator actions
- Copy the Hostel ID and Password - you will use them during mapping
- Proceed with Step 2.
In Cloudbeds PMS,
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Go to the Channels page
- Search for Dorms.com and click on Not Setup or Enabled
- Click on Connect Existing Listing
- Login with Dorms.com credentials
- Map the room types created in Cloudbeds with their corresponding rooms in Dorms.com. A drop-down menu will display all the existing rooms in the channel's extranet.
Do not map multiple rooms to one single room in Cloudbeds PMS or channel. The room mapping must be one-to-one.
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type, if needed. Click Next when completed or if you want to skip this step.
The Channel mapping is complete.
- Send a full refresh to update availability and rates to the channel.
- Automatic adjustments
- Automatic adjustments for cancellations
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Close days for arrival
- Close days for departure
- Closing rate plan for bookings