Our system offers sending different types of emails to your guests. After completing their booking on mybookings booking engine, your guests will receive the confirmation emails either Reservation Confirmed or Pending Confirmation depending on your reservation confirmation type in your Policies.
This article will show you the steps to set up the reservation confirmation type for mybookings and direct reservations as well as to explain the automatic email triggered by it.
- For reservations made on OTA, the OTA is responsible in sending out confirmation emails. You may still use the Compose Message function to send Reservation Confirmed email to your guest if needed. Follow steps: Sending Email From Reservation
- The Property Owner has access to Hotel Policies by default. The rest of the users can be given permission to manage the Hotel Policies by the Property Owner. Learn more about Roles and Permissions
Follow the steps to set up your reservation confirmation type:
- Click the gear icon Manage
- Under the Property Configuration section, click Policies
- On Deposit tab, choose the confirmation type
You have the following options:
- For online reservations, require confirmation of the deposit payment before reservation is confirmed: This option triggers the Pending Confirmation email. Even if the deposit was confirmed during the reservation, the system will still automatically send the Pending Confirmation email first. The Reservation Confirmed email will be sent when you confirm the reservation manually.
- Click Save
- This setting only applies to your mybookings and direct reservations.
- Reservations from OTA are imported to the system as confirmed but the guest will not received the confirmation emails from Cloudbeds PMS, the OTA will send their confirmation email. You may still use the Compose Message function to send Reservation Confirmed email to your guest if needed. Follow steps: Sending Email From Reservation
- You can customize the email templates as desired on Email Templates page.
How does myfrontdesk select the language of the confirmation emails?
Check this article for more detailed information: How does myfrontdesk select the language of the email confirmations?