The myfrontdesk calendar gives you a convenient, visual way to manage your property. Create new reservations, assign guests to rooms, change arrival dates, block or hold dates, and much more.
Before we begin, let's take a quick look at the calendar's legend to understand what the different symbols and colors on the calendar mean. In the next step, we'll see examples of how these appear on your calendar.
The calendar has a lot of features and information displayed at once. Here is a quick summary of some key areas.
- The assignments menu: You use this to assign reservations to rooms. You can also click on any numbers above a date to do this as well.
- Jump to a specific date on your calendar
- Quick find a specific room
- Modify availability on the calendar
- Allows you to add a new reservation (Direct or Third-Party), block dates, create a courtesy hold, or mark a room as out of service.
- All of these actions can also be done directly on the calendar (see steps below).
- The legend button will open a guide showing what the different symbols on the calendar mean.
Clicking on a reservation will open a summary on the calendar. This can be used to gather quick info about the reservation.
A few examples of what you'll find:
- Check In and Check Out dates
- Number of guests
- ETA (Only for reservations which are Confirmed or Confirmation Pending)
- Grand Total
- Balance Due
- Third Party reservation ID
You may also have the following options depending on the status of your reservation:
- Reservation details
- Un-assign room
- Confirm (For Confirmation Pending)
- If the guest is part of a group reservation, they will have a unique icon to the left of their name.
Clicking on the notes tab will show you all the notes currently written for the reservation.
- You can see how many reservations need to be assigned by the number above the date.
- Either click on that number to go to the assignments for that date or click on the blue assignments icon (#2).
- You will see the reservations organized by room type
- Select the room/bed and room type
- You could also "auto assign all", but this may not work if you are already close to full occupancy
- Click on the "Assign" button to save
- Alternatively, you could click on one of the open spots that appear on the calendar to assign your reservation to that.
The reservation will then show up on the calendar.
If you attempt to switch a reservation to a different room type, you will be asked to confirm the difference.
- "Override" removes any additional charges, while "continue" confirms the cost of the upgrade (In the case as shown below, the Deluxe Queen and Deluxe King are priced the same so there is no additional cost.
The reservation will then show up on the calendar
You can make a new reservation directly through the Calendar!
To get started:
Select the room type, click on the date of the check in (#1) and click on the date of the check out (#2). The system will open a window with some options.
- Create a new reservation with the selected dates
- Place a timed Courtesy Hold for the selected dates
- Block Dates for the selected range
- Mark the room as out of service.
If you select "create new reservation", the system will open the reservation screen so you can continue the process.
Note: All courtesy holds, room blocks and reservations created on the calendar are synced with mybookings, myfrontdesk, and all of your connected distribution channels.
If you click on "Courtesy Hold", you can "block" the accommodation/room for a period of time. This room will be blocked in the system, booking engine and all connected OTAs for the period of time that is set.
If the "Length of Hold" time is reached without the courtesy hold being confirmed as a reservation, then the hold will automatically expire and the availability will be opened in your system, booking engine and connected OTAs. You can choose the format of hold - hours or days.
Courtesy Holds show up as a darker blue on the calendar
To modify a courtesy hold, click on it in the Calendar. The system will give some options:
- Confirm Reservation - Confirms the courtesy hold and turns it into a reservation
- Cancel Hold - Cancels the courtesy hold and reopens occupancy for those dates
- Edit - Change the details of the hold. This can be used to extend the hold if needed.
You can also block a room.
- Select the dates on the calendar, click on "Block Dates"
- Select Accommodations
- Enter the reason
- Click save
If you have Shared inventory enabled, there will be an option to block linked accommodations.
Important: Everything that you change on the calendar will also affect your availability!
You can also change your rates directly on the calendar. Choose the room type and date that you would like to change and click on the rate you want to modify.
Changing a rate on your calendar sets it as the base rate for that specific date and room type. This change will be sent to both your booking engine and all connected OTAs.