The Daily Revenue Report is a high level report of all revenue transactions made on any given day. Use this report to have a summary breakdown of revenue by departments/categories.
Daily Revenue Report
Understanding the Report
Things to note:
- The Daily Revenue Report will be available after all transactions are posted for that day (at 02:00 AM next day). Even though the report will be available after 02:00 AM, the report will display transactions done until 11:59.
- Keep in mind that when comparing totals between the Daily Revenue Report and the Daily Financial Report (Total Revenue), the total revenue on the Daily Financial Report (Total Revenue) does not currently take into consideration any taxes and fees.
- Revenue by Rooms Revenue: This will give you the total amount of revenue generated that day for room rates
- Revenue by Items & Services: This will give you the total amount of revenue generated that day that was posted under items/add-ons
- Revenue by Taxes & Fees: This will give you the total amount of taxes and fees associated to room rates, items, etc.
- Revenue by Adjustment: This will give you a total amount of adjustments that were done that day
- Revenue by Payment: This will give you the breakdown of each method of payment transaction generated for that day
- Revenue by Refunds: This will give you a total amount of refunds that were processed that day
- Revenue by Disputes: This will give you the total of revenue generated by disputed charges.
- Grand Total (Revenue): This gives you the total of all revenue transactions that were posted to guest accounts for that day
- Grand Total (Payments): This gives you the total of payments & refunds that were applied to guest accounts for that day
- Grand Total: This gives you the total revenue for that day's transactions (Revenue + Payments)
Ledger: Opening Balance is equivalent to the closing balance of the previous date. MTD Opening Balance is equal to the Closing Balance of the last day of the previous month, and YTD is equal to Closing Balance on the last day of the previous year.
- Example: If the date 09/17/23 is selected, the opening balance for this date is the closing balance of the previous date (09/16/23). The first day of operating the system the opening balance will always be zero.
- Change: The sum of Grand Total (Revenue) - Grand Total (Payments). The number here represents the differential between both.
- Closing Balance: The sum of the Opening Balance + Change. The closing balance will be the opening balance for the next work day.
- Amount = Revenue registered for the selected date
- MTD = Month to date
- YTD = Year to date
For example, if the date is selected (11/30/2022)
- Amount = One day only (11/30/2022)
- MTD (Month-To-Date) = It is the first day of the month until the selected date (11/01/2022 - 11/30/2022)
- YTD (Year-To-Date) = It is the first day of the year until the selected date (01/01/2022 - 11/30/2022)
For transactions that are in blue, clicking on amount on the day, MTD, YTD, will redirect you to the Transactions Report for full details associated with that category.
Generate and Export/Email the Daily Revenue Report
- Choose the date needed. The calendar filter is automatically set to the previous day. To see another day, click on the calendar and select the date.
- Use the Ledger toggle to display or hide the Ledger section at the bottom of the report (Optional)
- Click on Apply
If the current date is selected, room rate will not appear on report as the room rates have not run on system at that time. Room rates are posted at 02:00 AM the next day.
- The Export to and Email buttons will appear on the top right.
- Click on Export to to export the data generated to PDF or Excel file
- Click on Email to send the report by email
Learn more about Daily Activity Reports