One of the core functions of a property management system is to document/account all the revenue related to your guests reservations. Myfrontdesk by Cloudbeds offers a new way to do that.
Manual Room Revenue Overview
What are the revenue types and when should I use each?
- Cancellation: should be posted when a reservation is cancelled outside the "free-cancellation" period, so the reservation gets the credit and debit columns balanced on the folio tab.
- No-show: should be posted whenever a guest doesn't show up to check-in on the arrival date, so the reservation gets the credit and debit columns balanced on the folio tab.
- Manual: can be used at any occasion in which the property needs to add a charge to the guests bill that is not related to any other items or services (Eg.: to correct a room rate that was posted with a lower amount than expected)
Why shouldn't I simply add those charges as an item on my system?
On a manager level, the items are accounted to Product Revenue, while the Additional Room Revenue will be accounted on the Room Revenue section of the Daily Revenue Report, making it easier for managers and owners to track their revenue in a more orgnanized way.
How to Add Room Revenue
On reservation's folio click 'Add / Adjust Charge' > 'Add Room Revenue'
- Choose the revenue type (it can be related to a cancellation charge, a no-show charge or manual)
- Select whether any taxes/fees should apply
- Select whether to set revenue as default (By selecting this system, you are indicating that you would like the same taxes and fees added as part of the revenue transaction)
- Select whom to assign revenue
- You may choose a specific date/time for that revenue to be posted on
- Specify the amount you want to post
- Add any relevant notes
- Click to Continue
What if I don't charge a cancellation/no-show fee?
Some properties have different cancellation/no-show policies that may or may not require the use of this functionality.