In this article, we'll go through Tax Report. This report shows the amount of taxes/fees applied to reservations and also Items & Services.
If you need to learn more about taxes and fees, check out our article: Taxes and Fees - Everything you need to know
Property owner has access to Financial Reports by default. Other users must be granted permission inside Roles. Learn more: Roles and Permissions
- Click Menu.
- Click Reports.
- Select Financial Reports.
- Click Tax Report.
- Choose the date: You can choose the past and present days.
- Select the tax/fee type.
- Apply Adjustments: Choose whether you want the system to display Adjustments for tax / fee or single records without adjustments.
- Click Apply to run the report.
You can see the following information in regards of taxes/fees applied to reservations and also Items & Services.
Criterias of taxes and fees displayed in the report
- The tax or fee will be displayed in the report once it is posted in the Debit column in the reservation folio or in the House Account (regardless if they have been paid for or not).
- The tax or fee applied to a room rate will be posted to the reservation folio on the reservation stay date. Note: The reservation must be checked-in (status: In-House) on the date it is supposed to be checked-in.
- If the status has never been changed to In-House but stays as Confirmed, Confirmation Pending, the tax or fee applied to the room rate will not be posted in the folio, unless, you add the exclusive tax/fee to the reservation manually.
- If you change the reservation status that has never been checked-in to Cancelled or No-Show, the tax or fee applied to the room rate will not be posted in the folio, unless, you add the exclusive tax/fee to the reservation manually.
- If the status has been once changed to In-House but then later changed to Cancelled or No-Show, the tax/fee applied to the room rate of the current date would be posted to the folio, only tax/fee for future dates (if any) will not be posted.