Shared inventory is the practice of selling the same physical room under multiple layouts. This article shows how split one accommodation into multiple private to sell the entire house or separate rooms within that house.
- Video Training
- Recommended Property Types: Vacation Rentals, Campgrounds, etc
- You may want to rearrange your linked room types on the calendar so that they are organized in a specific order, read our article to learn more;
- The split rooms must all be of the same accommodation type.
How Shared Inventory Works with Houses and other split accommodations:
- In some cases, shared inventory can be used to sell one degree of split rooms.
- The split rooms must all be the same accommodation type.
- Example: You can split a house into two identical duplexes, but you cannot split a house into a king room and three studios.
Linking Accommodations Steps
- Access Accommodation Type section
- Create any needed accommodation types
Check the following example - We will link an accommodation to be sold as either a house or two duplexes.
- Set number of units to the amount of houses you have for sale.
- Each housing unit needs to be linked separately in shared inventory
- Set the correct max occupancy for the whole house.
- If your houses have separate max occupancies, you should create each house as a separate accommodation type.
- Write an accurate accommodation description if you plan to offer this unit on your booking engine.
- Click Save
Make sure the occupancy for your accommodation types is correct
- Navigate to the Shared Inventory page
- Click on Link Accommodations
- Read the warning and agree with the terms. If you do no not agree, you cannot use Shared Inventory
- Click on Continue
- Select the larger unit as the primary accommodation type
If you have more than one House unit, only select one right now. Each housing unit needs to be linked separately in shared inventory.
Shared inventory will not work correctly if you ignore this step.
- Link your secondary accommodations. Select the private rooms that are inside of the housing unit
- The split rooms must also be of the same accommodation type
- Do not add additional accommodation types
- Double-check and then click to SAVE
To link another set of rooms, click on link accommodations and repeat the above steps.