In this article, we will cover the topic of key deposits.
How to set up key deposits
1. Create it as a fee in myfrontdesk. For detailed information, please visit Taxes & Fees - Everything you need to know.
2. Apply this fee to your reservation sources (both primary and third party) in order for the fee to be added to reservations automatically. For detailed instructions, please see Applying Taxes and Fees To Reservation Sources.
If it's not configured here, you will need to add this fee to the reservations manually. To do this, please follow instructions here.
How to refund key deposits to balance out the folio
It is important to perform this step. Otherwise, your folio will be inaccurate.
1. Go to reservation folio
2. Click on 'Add/Adjust Charge' button
3. Select 'Adjust Charge'
4. Input the key deposit amount
5. Click on 'Apply Adjustent to' drop-down
6. Select the 'Key Deposit' under 'Taxes and Fees' section
7. Click 'Adjust Charge'
8. Click on 'Add/Refund Payment' button
9. Select 'Refund Payment'
10. Select the 'Payment Type'
11. Input the key deposit amount
12. Click 'Add Refund'