To connect Decolar.com / Despegar to myfrontdesk follow the instructions below.
Things you should know before you get started
- All of your rates, rooms, blocks, allotments, and reservations must be set up in myfrontdesk and your distribution section must be activated before requesting to connect to myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds). Do not start the process if you are not ready to go live
- Myfrontdesk can not import reservations made before the system activation period. These reservations must be added manually
- Once connected, myfrontdesk system will control your rates and availability. Also, this process will override the price and availability of your extranet
How to Connect Decolar.com to myfrontdesk
If you don’t have an account at Decolar.com
You need to create an account at Decolar.com. Please contact Decolar.com directly (Decolar is improving their internal process to create new accounts)
If you do have an account at Decolar.com
Go ahead and proceed with Step 2
Once you have an account with them, follow the steps below to learn how to generate your special credentials or contact your Decolar Account Manager directly.
How to Generate Credentials to Connect with Decolar.
This special login is separate from your normal Decolar extranet credentials.
Per Decolar as of March 7, 2016
"Prior to a property connecting Decolar to myallocator, Decolar must migrate properties from their current system to a new system. Currently, Decolar is training Market Managers to instruct hotels of this requirement.
For any hotel that wants to work with myallocator, the first step is to tell their Despegar Market Managers to be considered.
The connection can only be made once the Decolar Market Managers confirms the property has been switched to the new system."
If you have correctly completed the steps above, log into myfrontdesk:
- Click on gear the icon
- Access "Channels" tab
- Search for Decolar.com and click on 'Not Setup, Click to Setup' button
- Enter the special credentials provided by Decolar and click Next
5. Select the Decolar.com rooms from the drop down that correspond to myallocator rooms (channel manager by Cloudbeds) and click NEXT when completed
For detailed information about the mapping process please check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
6. Choose the Rate Plan that you want myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds) to control
7. Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed. Click NEXT when completed or if you want to skip, leave it at zero
Note: This is not where you enter your rates! This only adjusts the rates higher or lower for this channel.
Full instructions can be found here: Setting Base Rate Adjustments
8. Select the Currency, Taxation, Charge Type, Extra-Bed, Extra-Bed Rate, and Extra Bed Age options
Convert to Currency: Choose the currency that your Decolar extranet is set to
Taxation Settings: Choose whether Taxes are included or not in the Room Rate
- Per Room: Your rate (charge) is per room
- Per Person: Your rate (charge) is per person
Extra-Bed: You have three options
- Same as Room Rate
- Extra Bed Rate Set Below
- Skip Extra Bed Rate (choose this option if you do not work with extra person fee)
Extra-Bed Rate (if desired)
- Set the rate for the Extra Bed
- Set the rate for the Extra Bed
Extra Bed Age: Set the age for when to consider the person as requiring an extra bed
- These options must be chosen correctly! If these options are not chosen correctly, we will not be able to update your Rates & Availability on Decolar
- If you work with extra person fees, several settings must be done at Decolar extranet before completing the mapping process.
Contact your account manager or channel support team to make the appropriate settings on the extranet.
Refer to this article for further information: Setting up extra bed rate with Decolar
9. It's strongly advised to send a full refresh now to make sure that availability and rates are fully updated on the channel. Click on 'Full Refresh' on the top right of the page.