Shared inventory is the practice of selling the same physical room under multiple layouts. For more info, please read our Shared Inventory FAQ and Shared Inventory Overview articles.
- Video Training: If you would like review this scenario in video format click here.
- Purpose: Selling the same physical room as two different private accommodation types. Example: Listing one of your rooms online as either a king or a queen.
- Recommended Property Types: Any properties which have at least one room with a flexible layout
Things To Keep In Mind:
- Make sure to follow these steps exactly.
- Do not link accommodations which are separate physical rooms. Shared inventory must be different layouts for the same physical room.
- You may want to rearrange your linked room types so that they are close to each other on the calendar, read our article about how to do that.
- Make sure to create any additional accommodation types needed
- Example: If you want to sell the same room as both a queen and a king, you will need to have created both of those accommodation types
- You may need to increase your accommodation limit to do this.
- Read through the Shared Inventory section of our knowledge base for further info.