Shared inventory is the practice of selling the same physical room under multiple layouts. For more info, please read our Shared Inventory FAQ and Shared Inventory Overview articles.
Video Training: If you would like review this scenario in video format click here.
Purpose: Selling the same physical room as two different private accommodation types.
- Example: Listing one of your rooms online as either a king or a queen.
Recommended Property Types: Any properties which have at least one room with a flexible layout
Things To Keep In Mind:
- Make sure to follow these steps exactly.
- Do not link accommodations which are separate physical rooms. Shared inventory must be different layouts for the same physical room.
- You may want to rearrange your linked room types so that they are close to each other on the calendar, read our article about how to do that.
- Make sure to create any additional accommodation types needed
- Example: If you want to sell the same room as both a queen and a king, you will need to have created both of those accommodation types
- You may need to increase your accommodation limit to do this.
- Read through the Shared Inventory section of our knowledge base for further info.
Click on the settings gear icon to go the settings menu
Go to the "shared inventory" page in the Property Details section.
Navigate to the "Shared Inventory" page and click on "Link Accommodations"
Read the warning and agree with the terms
If you do no not agree, you cannot use Shared Inventory.
Select the two accommodation types you'd like to link
- For private accommodation types, make sure to only link 1 specific room from an accommodation type at a time.
- This is similar to room mapping in channel distribution.
Additional accommodation types can be linked, but only one unit from that type.
- Make sure there is only one of each unit from a linked accommodation type selected.
- Not following these instructions will cause inaccurate availability.
- When you are finished, click save.
Your accommodations have now been linked!
To link another set of rooms, click on "link accommodations" and repeat this process.