The Facebook pixel is a piece of code for your website that lets you measure, optimize and build audiences for your ad campaigns. This article will walk you through the basics of adding a Facebook Pixel ID to your Booking Engine.
Use the Facebook Pixel for:
- Building custom audiences from your website for re-marketing
- Optimizing ads for conversions
- Tracking conversions and attributing them back to your ads.
Things to know
- After the Apple’s release of iOS 14 update, all Facebook Ads users will need to do some adjustments. These updates will add a new pixel tracking event named Aggregated Event Measurement which differs from the standard Facebook event (add to cart, search, purchase, etc).
- To use this new tracking event, the domain where the pixel is saved has to be verified. Unfortunately, it won’t be possible to have the domain hotels.cloudbeds.com verified for each Facebook Ads account since this domain is owned by Cloudbeds. If there are any improvements in this particular area, we will update the information.
How to setup a Facebook Pixel for the Booking Engine
- Make sure you already have a Facebook ad account and have created a pixel. See the Facebook's pixel setup guide for instructions and more information.
Notes from Facebook's Help Desk:
- Keep in mind there is only one Facebook pixel per account. However, you can add standard events or custom conversions to your pixel to report different conversion events.
- If you're looking to transition to the Facebook pixel from an older version of the pixel, check out our guides for transitioning from a conversion tracking pixel and upgrading from a Custom Audience pixel. Learn more about what's happening to the conversion tracking pixel here.
- Enter your Facebook Pixels tracking code on your website:
Copy the tracking code and paste it into the HTML of your web page just before the closing head tag. Your web designer will be able to help you with this step. Facebook provides plenty of instructions and tutorials as well.
- Enter your Facebook Pixels tracking ID on your Cloudbeds PMS account:
Once you have installed your pixel, log in to Facebook's ad manager and visit the Facebook Pixel tab. Click Actions > View Pixel Code to find your Pixel ID. It should be a numeric code, for example: 0123456789012.
- Log in to your Cloudbeds PMS account, and click on the Account icon
- Go to the Settings
- Go to Analytics
- Paste the Facebook Pixel ID
Frequently Asked Questions
[From Facebook's help desk]
After you've installed the Facebook pixel on your website, navigate to a web page the pixel was placed on. If it's working, the pixel will send information back to Facebook and you'll be able to see activity in the Facebook Pixel page in your Ads Manager. Your pixel's status will also be set to Active.
The full instructions for how to test that the Facebook pixel is working can be found by clicking here.
Yes, the purchase event is included along with page visit, search, initiate checkout, add payment info. The user can track the process from the moment the guest accesses the booking engine page until the reservation is completed
It includes the amount that the guest is paying (Purchase value) but the user can not know the products that the guest purchased.
No, it's not possible