This article will show you how to set up a deposit amount and explain the different deposit options. The deposit that you configured is listed on your booking engine and also used when creating reservations directly on Cloudbeds PMS.
The Property Owner has access to Hotel Policies by default. The rest of the users can be given permission to manage the Hotel Policies by the Property Owner. Check this article to learn more: Roles and Permissions
- If you have Payment Gateway connected to Cloudbeds PMS, you can set up automatic or scheduled charge of the deposit amount for bookings from your booking engine and certain channels. Learn more in this article: Setting Payment Options for OTAs
- Use other options in the Policies to define other terms and conditions for which you will accept reservations. These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property.
Access the Deposit Policy settings
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Go to Policies.
- Click on the Deposit tab.
Select the Deposit amount
- At the moment, it's only possible to set one type of deposit for all the reservations.
- The deposit is calculated from room rate only (sub-total). You can also decide whether taxes and fees will be the part of deposit (available for specific deposit types only). Add-ons and Items won't be included to deposit amount.
You can determine how much in percentage (%) of the reservation total price is the deposit.
- In the Deposit tab, select the Percentage option.
- Type the required deposit percentage (%)
Fixed amount option is a set amount for every room type per night/per accommodation.
If the fixed deposit amount will be higher than room rate value (when creating a reservation on the booking engine), the system will put the daily room rate as the deposit.
- In the Deposit tab, select the Fixed Amount option.
- Type the amount that will be charged per accommodation per night.
The first-day price deposit option is equivalent to the combined amount of all rooms for the first day's stay. This deposit is restricted to the daily room rate.
To include the add tax/fees as part of the deposit, see steps: Do you include taxes and fees as part of the deposit?
- In the Deposit tab, select the First Day Price option.
- Select if you will include or not taxes and fees as part of the deposit. Go to this section for more information about this feature.
This method is used for properties that do not collect a deposit to secure reservations. With this option, you still have the ability to capture the guest credit card details in the reservation to keep on file.
- In the Deposit tab, select the Do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking option.
- Select if you would like to capture the credit card details to keep on file.
Include taxes and fees specified as part of the deposit
This feature will be only visible if you previously selected the Percentage or the First Day Price deposit.