This article will show the process of creating the cancellation policy for your property in the Cloudbeds PMS and also for your booking engine.
This information will only apply to direct reservations and will not be sent to your connected channels.
Accessing the Cancellation Policy page
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Navigate to the Policies page
- Click on the Cancellation Policy tab
Option 1 - Set a Standard Cancellation Policy
- This standardized options means no automation.
- Your cancellation policy will be displayed on the guest's reservation receipt along with your hotel contact information.
- If the guest needs to cancel their reservation it will be up to them to call you and you to provide the refund under the terms you have provided.
- You can update the status of the reservation in your control panel anytime a reservation has been canceled. That room will be opened to be sold online again.
- In the Cancellation Policy tab, select the Use standardized cancellation policies option.
- Click to Add New Cancellation Policy.
- Select the Cancellation Policy (Full Charge, Partial Charge or No Charge)
- For Type, select whether the charge will be based on the deposit amount of the reservation or the full value of the reservation (Full Deposit or Full Stay)
- Enter the amount of days before the date of arrival in the If canceled within section.
The maximum number of simultaneous standardized cancellation options is 3. Once this limit is reached, the button to add a new one will no longer be available.
Option 2 - Customize your own Cancellation Policy
If you have multiple rules for cancellation policy, the best option is to type all of your policies on the customized policy box.
- In the Cancellation Policy tab, select the option Enter my own custom text cancellation policy
- Apply format if needed, to customize your text.
- Enter your personalized cancellation policy.
Find a few examples of Cancellation Policies for your reference here: Terms & Conditions templates
Your Cancellation Policies will be displayed under the map in your booking engine:
To translate the text to the language in which the guest is viewing the bookings page, enter the translation of your text for each language.
Leaving it empty for that language will show the same text as your main application language.