Most properties have housekeeping staff whose purpose is to check and clean accommodations. With the Housekeeping functionality myfrontdesk makes it easy to check the room condition, front desk status, assign a housekeeper and generate a list of all the rooms and their statuses. This list can then be printed and handed to the housekeeper to start making their rounds.
In order to enable this feature, contact us at email@example.com or reach out to your Market Manager.
How Housekeeping Module works
The room will be marked as dirty:
- Automatically after 2 am if the room is occupied (has In-House status)
- When a property checks out a guest (changes the status of the reservation to 'Checked Out')
- The guest moves to another room (if guest is checked in to room A and he moves to room B - room A becomes dirty)
How to Use Housekeeping Module
- Navigate to the Housekeeping Section by clicking on the dust-pan and brush icon in the top right part of the menu bar.
Setup your housekeepers so you can assign them to rooms.
- Go to Housekeepers tab
- Click on the Add Housekeeper button
- Insert the Housekeeper name and Save
Click on Action to edit or delete a Housekeeper
Housekeeping Inspection Page
Print or export the report generated to PDF/Excel file
You can also select whether to show the accommodation condition on the calendar
Quick Assign: allows you to assign a specific housekeeper for multiple rooms.
- select a room by checking the box;
- select a housekeeper from dropdown list
- click Assign to assign a housekeeper;
- You may also select all the rooms by checking the box on the top of the page
Condition: dirty, clean
- Shows the current condition of the rooms and allows you to set its state, either dirty or clean
Room Status: occupied, vacant
- Shows whether the room is currently occupied by a guest or vacant
- Arrival time: the time when the guest arrives and occupies the room
- Arrival date: the date when the guest arrives and occupies the room
- Departure date: the date when the guest checks out
- Frontdesk status: this column depends heavily on when a guest checks in and checks out. This column is fully automated and cannot be manually changed.
- Assigned to: the housekeeping staff currently assigned to clean the room. If none have been assigned, then N/A will be displayed.
- Do not disturb: A checkbox to designate if the guest has requested to not be disturbed.
- Accommodation comments: Notes for maintenance or other issues to be aware of.
- Click the pencil icon to add an accommodation note
The following frontdesk statuses exist:
- Check-In - There is no guest checking out, but there is a guest checking in.
- Check-Out - Guest checking out today, but no another guest checking in.
- Stayover - Guest is in-house, not checking out today and is staying for another night
- Turnover - Guest checking out today and another guest checking in today
- Not Reserved - Room is not being used. There is no one there now due to check out, and no one arriving.