Correctly creating accommodation types is one of the most important settings for your property. This affects both your myfrontdesk and mybookings accounts as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels.
We strongly recommend creating distinct room types (ex "Standard Dorm" or "Women's Dorm") and not separate individual rooms (ex "Standard Dorm Room 1").
Creating separate individual rooms instead of room types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of distribution channels.
- For more information about why creating room types is strongly recommended, please read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
- Myfrontdesk and myallocator do not delete or change the room types in OTAs. This needs to be done manually by you or your OTAs account manager.
- To combine rooms, you will need to change your room type settings in both myfrontdesk, myallocator, and your OTAs.
- Read the following steps carefully and follow them exactly. Not doing this correctly can mess up your availability.
- Note: Deleting or modifying room types can cause errors in reports since you will be comparing data from before the change or deletion.
Part A: Log into myfrontdesk: