- Go to reservation and change its status to 'Cancelled'
2. Select how to proceed with cancellation (whether you want to email the guest)
You can edit Cancellation email on 'Email Templates' page
3. After confirming the cancellation
- reservation will disappear from the calendar
- all pending transactions (charges scheduled for future dates) will be removed from folio BUT will remain in balance due.
- amount of pending transactions (room rates) remained in balance due won't affect the revenue reports
- amount of pending transactions (room rates) remained in balance due will still be displayed when exporting reservations to file and in account balances report
- if there were posted transactions in reservation - they will remain in folio and balance due. These include charges (debit) done before current date while reservation was put to status 'in-house'
You can check the date of cancellation by moving mouse towards Cancellation # field on reservation details:
Although amount of pending transactions which remains in balance due doesn't affect revenue reports - some properties will prefer to zero it out so that property staff is aware that the guest shouldn't pay for his stay as he cancelled it.
To zero out the balance due you need to
1) go to reservation and change its status back to confirmed
2) go to 'Accommodation' section and click 'Edit Price'
3) put 0.00 as price for all the dates and click 'Save Updates'
4) put status back to 'Cancelled'. Now balance due equals 0.00
Some properties charge guests a cancellation fee. How to handle such cases in myfrontdesk?
- For guests booking through the channels - add cancellation policies on OTAs
- For guests making direct reservations (through myfrontdesk and mybookings) - add cancellation policies in myfrontdesk. They will be displayed on mybookings and be sent in myfrontdesk default emails to guests.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy is only an information field for guests, it does not charge the guests automatically. All charges need to be done manually
There are 2 ways on how to add a charge for cancellation:
- cancellation manual revenue (recommended)
- cancellation fee
Cancellation Revenue will be considered in reports as part of room revenue/RevPar, while cancellation fee will be considered as a separate item and won't be included to room revenue/RevPar.