Myfrontdesk allows moving reservations from one room type/unit to another. However, there are some limitations which won't allow you to move reservations by dragging and dropping them on the calendar.
A reservation will sometimes not be able to be dragged and dropped in a couple of scenarios.
*As a general rule, a reservation that is in-house cannot be dragged and dropped to a different room type.
This can be fixed by either:
- Changing the remaining dates to a split reservation which can then be assigned/dragged & dropped (recommended).
- Changing the whole reservation status from in house to confirmed.
Below you'll find the detailed instructions for both options.
If the reservation is in the past, changing the reservation status won't allow you to drag and drop the booking on the calendar. However, you will be able to change the guest's room dates by editing reservation.
You can change the reservation status to Confirmed directly in the reservation.
When the reservation is confirmed you can drag and drop it to a different room type.
If the prices of the rooms are different, a warning message will appear and you'll have the option to override the difference, continue without overriding, or cancel the change.
Once the booking is reassigned you can check the guest in again directly from the calendar.
In this example, there is an In house reservation for 5 nights.
1. Click on 'Edit reservation'
2. Click on the current accommodation
3. Switch to 'Split View'
4. Select another accommodation for the remaining days of the stay
5. Press 'Update'
6. Press 'Save Updates'
The reservation has been changed.
Now you can see the split reservation on the calendar and reassign it for the remaining days of stay if needed.
You will find that you can easily drag and drop the split reservation to another room type.
If the new room type has a different rate, an alert will pop up asking you to confirm or "override" the new total (the room rates will not change in this case).
1. ISSUE: The room you want to drop the reservation into still has a guest in it who has not been checked out yet.
SOLUTION: Can be fixed by checking out the current guest before dragging in the new booking.
2. ISSUE: The selected room is not available for all of the days booked by the reservation. This includes past dates as well.
SOLUTION: Can be fixed by making a split reservation.
3. ISSUE: The reservation you'd like to move checks out today.
SOLUTION: Change the reservation status to confirmed and edit the room assigned.
4. ISSUE: The selected room has a room block.
SOLUTION: remove the room block or assign to room available.
5. ISSUE: The reservation has a higher number of guests attached to it than occupancy for the room. Example: Two guests originally set to stay in a two-person private could not be added to a dorm.
SOLUTION: Can be fixed by adding the guest as a new accommodation inside reservation.