Opayo (formerly Sage Pay) is one of the many payment processors we offer through the Payment Gateway feature.
This guide will walk you through the process connecting Opayo (Sage Pay) to your myfrontdesk account.
Keep In Mind
- Opayo is the new name for Sage Pay
- Opayo provides authorization, capture, sale, credit and void functions for your account.
- You can perform a partial refund, but you will not be able to refund the remaining amount afterwards.
- Make sure the currency used in myfrontdesk matches the currency used in Opayo (British Pounds for UK and Euro for Ireland).
- If you plan to accept PayPal payments, you can configure your myfrontdesk account to do that directly.
1. Configure your Opayo account
If you don't have a Opayo account yet, click here to apply.
1.1. Opayo Settings
Make sure that the following configurations are set:
1.2. AVS/CV2 and 3D Secure
- Open the Settings tab and click on AVS/CV2
- Turn off AVS/CV2 checking
- Click on 3D secure on the side menu
- Turn off 3D Secure checking
AVS stand for Address Verification Service. By disabling it, you will be able to charge for reservations where Guest's address was not provided.
3D Secure is a feature not currently supported by Cloudbeds. By disabling it, you will be able to charge for reservations without this extra layer of security.
1.3. Valid IPs
- Click on Valid IPs on the side menu
- Click on the green Add button in the lower right side
- You are going to Add two IP addresses as follow:
- IP address: 052.143.247.021 or 040.074.206.053 or 052.143.247.022 or 040.074.206.054 (you can add more than one, but each at a time)
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.000
- Description: Cloudbeds
2. Connect Opayo (Sage Pay) with myfrontdesk
- In your Cloudbeds account, go to 'Manage > Payment Options' and activate the 'Payment Processing' feature
- Select 'SagePay' in the Payment Gateway list
- Enter your SagePay Vendor Name